Req ID 13023 Environmental Planner Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We're looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all experiences, skillsets, backgrounds and walks of life. We actively foster a work environment and culture where inclusion and diversity is part of our fundamental structure. This is delivered behaviorally, through our policies, trainings, local partnerships with professional diverse organizations, internal networks and most importantly with the support and sponsorship of our leaders who help drive our commitment to an inclusive, diverse, welcoming and equitable work environment. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future! Our Business
We are a global leader in environmental consulting - made stronger with the recent acquisition of Wood's Environment & Infrastructure business and Golder - with world-class expertise in environmental, social and governance (ESG), climate resiliency & sustainability (CRS), and earth sciences. Combined we have over 20,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from across the globe. This Opportunity
WSP is currently initiating a search for a full time Environmental Planner
for our Tampa, FL location
. All other Florida locations will also be considered.
Be involved in projects with our Earth and Environment Planning and Permitting Team
and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client's objectives and solves their challenges. Your Impact
Who You Are Required Qualifications
- Assist Project Managers with planning and controlling project schedules and budgets
- Support established multidisciplinary team with environmental and land development regulatory assessments
- Prepare permitting applications and related studies
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP's Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental/Urban/Regional Planning, Environmental Science, Environmental Policy, or related discipline.
- 5-7 years experience in Planning, Environmental Permitting, or related field, with prior experience in preparing and/or reviewing permit applications.
- Proficient in technical writing for the preparation of environmental documents
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to successfully complete multiple projects on schedule and within budget under limited supervision
- Demonstrated relationships with local, state, and federal public clients preferred
- Energy project development experience with an emphasis on renewable energy and transmission projects.
- Knowledge of siting and routing for electric transmission projects
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project Scheduling.
- Strong project and contract management experience
- Ability to travel for meetings and site work.
- A Master's Degree in Planning, Environmental Science, Environmental Policy, or Environmental Management would be considered comparable to two (2) years of experience.
- Professional planning experience within a public organization and/or private firm; or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training and/or experience.
- AICP certification desired, but not mandatory.
#LI-SV1 Additional Requirements
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Travel Required: 20%
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: TAMPA - SKYCENTER DR
- All locations: US-FL-Belle Glade, US-FL-Cocoa Beach, US-FL-Coral Gables, US-FL-Daytona Beach, US-FL-Deland, US-FL-Florida City, US-FL-Fort Lauderdale, US-FL-Fort Myers, US-FL-Gainesville, US-FL-Holly Hill, US-FL-Indiantown, US-FL-Jacksonville, US-FL-Jensen Beach, US-FL-Lakeland, US-FL-Marathon, US-FL-Melbourne, US-FL-Miami, US-FL-Miami Lakes, US-FL-Ocoee, US-FL-Orlando, US-FL-Palatka, US-FL-Palm Beach Gardens, US-FL-Panama City Beach, US-FL-Pensacola, US-FL-Pompano Beach, US-FL-Sanford, US-FL-Sarasota, US-FL-St Petersburg, US-FL-Sunrise, US-FL-Tallahassee, US-FL-Tampa, US-FL-Titusville, US-FL-Vernon, US-FL-Vero Beach, US-FL-Wellington, US-FL-West Palm Beach
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 15,000 employees in over 300 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a flexible and agile workplace model while meeting client needs. Employees are also afforded a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on providing health and financial stability throughout the employee's career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States. NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, employment agencies, or other staffing services. Unsolicited resumes include any resume or hiring document sent to WSP in the absence of a signed Service Agreement where WSP has expressly requested recruitment/staffing services specific to the position at hand. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers or other business leaders, will become the property of WSP and WSP will have the right to hire that candidate without reservation - no fee or other compensation will be owed or paid to the recruiter, employment agency, or other staffing service.