Lead Environmental Scientist
Req ID 14728 Lead Environmental Scientist Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We're looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all experiences, skillsets, backgrounds and walks of life. We actively foster a work environment and culture where inclusion and diversity is part of our fundamental structure. This is delivered behaviorally, through our policies, trainings, local partnerships with professional diverse organizations, internal networks and most importantly with the support and sponsorship of our leaders who help drive our commitment to an inclusive, diverse, welcoming and equitable work environment. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future! Our Business
We are a global leader in environmental consulting - made stronger with the recent acquisition of Wood's Environmental & Infrastructure business and Golder - with world-class expertise in environmental, social, and governance (ESG), climate resiliency & sustainability (CRS), and earth sciences. Combined we have over 20,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from across the globe. This Opportunity
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from across the globe.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a full-time Lead Environmental Consultant
to support our Connecticut operations, in our Shelton and Glastonbury offices. Be involved in projects with our Earth and Environment Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client's objectives and solves their challenges. Your Impact
Who You Are Required Qualifications
- Prepare environmental work plans and manage projects through completion, on time and budget.
- Manage existing clients and develop new business.
- Supervise, mentor, and train junior staff.
- Data analysis and interpretation to determine the next course of action.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in geology, hydrogeology, or environmental engineering.
- CTDEEP Licensed Environmental Professional.
- Minimum 10 to 15 years experience working as a Connecticut environmental consultant with a strong understanding of CTDEEP RSRs, RCRA, and TSCA.
- Water supply development and permitting experience are not required, but a plus.
- The candidate must have strong computer and writing skills. Proficiency with ESRI's ArcGIS software is a plus.
- The successful candidate must be able to work independently and show a high level of initiative and attention to detail.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
#LI-JA2 Additional Requirements
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Travel Required: N/A - No travel required
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: SHELTON - 6 RESEARCH DR
- All locations: US-CT-Glastonbury, US-CT-Shelton
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 15,000 employees in over 300 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a flexible and agile workplace model while meeting client needs. Employees are also afforded a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on providing health and financial stability throughout the employee's career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States. NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, employment agencies, or other staffing services. Unsolicited resumes include any resume or hiring document sent to WSP in the absence of a signed Service Agreement where WSP has expressly requested recruitment/staffing services specific to the position at hand. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers or other business leaders, will become the property of WSP and WSP will have the right to hire that candidate without reservation - no fee or other compensation will be owed or paid to the recruiter, employment agency, or other staffing service.