Senior Environmental Planner
We are the Environment & Planning Division of ICF. We are passionate about doing what's right for our clients, our people, the communities where we live and work, and the environment. We are planners, scientists, program managers, communicators, economists, technologists, and strategists. We are collaborative, curious, and committed to excellence-these are qualities we value that make us who we are and inspire us to grow.
The Pacific Northwest Environmental Planning Team is currently seeking a Senior Environmental Planner to support environmental permitting and review, including state and federal environmental permit applications, technical studies, and SEPA and NEPA compliance. You will join an existing group of natural resource and planning professionals that includes wildlife biologists, aquatic resource biologists (waters, wetlands, and riparian areas), environmental and conservation planners, restoration ecologists, and regulatory specialists. Current project workload is focused on Washington and Oregon, but could also include support for California, Idaho, Alaska, or other regional projects. The position is based in the Pacific Northwest, with office locations in Seattle, WA, and Portland, OR, and the option to work remotely. Senior Environmental Planner Responsibilities
Senior Environmental Planner Qualifications
- Manage projects to develop comprehensive permit applications to obtain environmental permits and approvals for a wide range of public and private projects.
- Conduct fieldwork and coordinate the work of other field staff.
- Prepare and oversee supporting technical analyses.
- Collaborate with technical experts to develop compliant project documents.
- Collaborate with the regulatory agencies on procedures and requirements.
- Communicate with clients, internal staff, and subconsultants to ensure project needs are met.
- Participate in business development activities.
Senior Environmental Additional Skills/Experience
- BS, MS, or PhD in degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Planning, Biology, Ecology, or related field.
- 8+ years of experience in environmental consulting or related field with a focus on wetland science and management, NEPA, SEPA, and environmental compliance; education equivalents, including advanced degrees will be considered.
- A history of working with private and public sector clients and regulatory agencies.
- Experience with establishment and management of project scope, schedules, and budgets, including, contracting, invoicing, and client communications.
- Knowledge of in-water and near-shore, federal, state and local permitting, including strong familiarity with the following: SEPA and NEPA documentation, Clean Water Act Section 404/401 Shoreline Master Program, Comprehensive land use permit applications, and Endangered Species Act
- Ability to safely and effectively conduct field work under the supervision of and/or as part of a field team.
- Strong organizational, communication, facilitation, writing, and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office suite of software (Word, Excel)
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success. ICF is a purpose driven company with a strong culture and underlying values that prize diversity, opportunity, equality, and respect. Our core values include Embracing Differences, and we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces and hires dimensions of differences. Working at ICF
ICF is a global advisory and technology services provider, but we're not your typical consultants. We combine unmatched expertise with cutting-edge technology to help clients solve their most complex challenges, navigate change, and shape the future.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy (https://www.icf.com/legal/equal-employment-opportunity) .
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/EEOC_KnowYourRights_screen_reader_10_20.pdf) and Pay Transparency Statement . Pay Range
- There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$94,247.00 - $160,220.00
Seattle, WA (WA25)