LJB Inc. is a national engineering firm that provides civil and structural engineering, as well as geospatial, safety and environmental services. Our diverse expertise, client base, and geographies have enabled LJB to serve clients in all 50 U.S. states and several countries.
At LJB, we think bigger and are committed to improving the quality of life for our clients, communities, and employees. For more than 50 years, LJB has been designing ways to connect people and communities safely and efficiently. As a full-service transportation team, we have the diverse capabilities and proven know-how to design solutions that meet today's needs and tomorrow's demands.
We are currently looking to grow our environmental services capabilities by hiring a leader who adds value and industry recognition to an existing team. LJB's environmental services provide innovative technical support and leadership to various client types and markets: state agencies such as the NCDOT; local public agencies needing to navigate the NEPA process; and federal agencies such as the National Park Service, United States Forest Service and Department of Defense as well as private industries. An understanding of state and federal environmental processes and the ability to coordinate/establish relationships with numerous resource agencies is key to the success of this position.
You will be expected to immediately impact our firm as we seek the best methods to serve our clients. You must exhibit a professional attitude, visionary thinking, innovative ideas, analytical problem solving and a willingness to collaborate while having the ability to work independently. SENIOR ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTIST / NEPA SPECIALIST MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Grow the depth of LJB's NEPA and environmental sciences services to existing clients and identify and serve new clients.
- Provide project or task management, supervising research, directing the NEPA process on construction projects and coordinating environmental projects.
- Lead the following types of services:
- Environmental site assessments
- Ecological survey reports
- Wetland delineation, permitting and mitigation
- Stream modeling and restoration
- Forestry assessments and inventories
- Wildlife identification
- Endangered species habitat/ biological assessments and surveys
- Plant identification
- Noise and air modeling
- Soil vapor monitoring
- Asbestos surveys
- Land use studies
- Socio-economic studies
- Historical or archaeological studies
- Parkland impact assessments
- Underground storage tank assessments
SENIOR ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTIST / NEPA SPECIALIST QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Natural resource management plans
- Other duties as assigned.
SENIOR ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTIST / NEPA SPECIALIST KEY COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor's degree required/master's degree preferred
- Professional certification/license preferred (e.g., AICP, PWS, Certified Ecologist, CP, PG, PE)
- 10-20 years' experience required
- Project team leadership experience
- Project and client management experience
- Strong presentation and interpersonal communications skills
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills required
- Visionary thinking
- Innovative ideas
- Problem solving
- Continuous learning
- Interpersonal communication
- Positive professional attitude
LJB offers competitive compensation packages, which includes paid time off, a 401(k)/profit sharing plan, tuition reimbursement, flexibility, and mobility. LJB Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including veterans/disabilities. If you are a self-starting individual who wishes to join an established team that believes in excellence in the workplace, this opportunity is for you.
Note: At the current time LJB will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Recruiters or staffing agencies: LJB Inc. is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate, their resume, or profile to a LJB Inc. employee without a current, fully executed agreement on file. Please direct all communications to the HR team.