ENVIRONMENTAL - SENIOR ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTISTJOB SUMMARY
The Senior Environmental Scientist provides overall technical direction and execution to Environmental and/or Military Munitions Response Program (MMRP) programs or projects of considerable size, scope or complexity and ensures that projects and tasks performed by the company are designed and conducted in accordance with applicable regulations, guidance, or client-specified requirements. The Senior Environmental Scientist provides technical advice or counsel to other professionals and has responsibility for ensuring the technical quality and completeness of projects and policies. The Senior Environmental Scientist may also be asked to assist with developing the technical content and pricing for proposals and may serve as a deputy project manager on select projects. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary duties and responsibilities include (but not limited to):
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Provides and is responsible for overall technical direction for projects of considerable size, scope or complexity.
- Ensures that projects and tasks are designed and conducted in accordance with applicable regulations, guidance, or client-specified requirements.
- Leads the preparation of work plans, reports, and Uniform Federal Policy Quality Assurance Project Plans (UFP-QAPP).
- Ensures the technical accuracy of corporate policies and procedures used by the Environmental division.
- Monitors and helps implement emerging guidance and technologies.
- Provides technical advice or counsel to other professionals, ensuring work products produced by the division are scientifically sound and of the highest technical quality.
- Oversees QA/QC activities on projects and is ultimately responsible for the quality of work products and deliverables.
- Provides advanced technical guidance and audits on all project types.
- Collects, evaluates and analyzes project-specific data.
- Assists with preparing technical content and pricing for proposals.
- Provides guidance related to standard techniques and procedures to project teams.
- Can serve as a field auditor, providing training and feedback to field teams and field supervisors.
- The Senior Environmental Scientist will have a minimum of ten years of total professional work experience, with a minimum of five years' experience in providing technical guidance on large Environmental or MMRP projects.
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of study. A Master and Doctorate Degree in a relevant field will be equivalent to one and two years respectively of general experience in that field.
- A related certificate or license is preferred but not required (e.g. PMP, PE, or PG certification/license).
- Experience with NEPA is a plus.
- Exceptional and pro-active communication skills are required to lead project teams.
- Candidates with federal experience (preferably DoD) supporting CERCLA and RCRA projects preferred.