Environmental Scientist II :
Job Description - The Environmental Scientist will be responsible for collecting project-related data, which may include research, conducting surveys for listed species, interviews with government agencies and clients, map reviews, and field investigations.
Primary Responsibilities -
- Assimilate and manage data
- Define the level of environmental analysis required
- Conduct environmental impact assessments
- Assist public and private clients with permit coordination, acquisition, and compliance
- Work independently on medium-size projects, or assist more-senior scientists on larger projects
- Support existing natural resource projects including water resources, renewable energy, municipality, federal, and other clients
- Lead field investigations including stream and wetland delineations, protected species surveys ,and habitat assessments
- Review mapping, studies, and regulations, and assist in preparing environmental permits, NEPA documentation, biological assessments, etc.
- Work on environmental task assignments as requested.
Required Qualifications -
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science or a closely related field
- Minimum 5 years of technical and/or field experience
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Strong environmental writing and communication skills
- Strong conceptual, organizational, problem-solving, and research abilities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant in our employee-owned culture
Preferred Qualifications -
- Familiar with the use/application of ArcGIS and mobile data collection apps, such as Survey123and Field Maps, or handheld GPS units
- Tennessee Qualified Hydrological Professional (QHP) Certification (or QHP-IT) or ability to obtain within 6 months of employment
- Knowledge of the flora and fauna of the KY/TN/AR area and surrounding states
- Preference will be given to local candidates
System One, and its subsidiaries including Joulé, ALTA IT Services, CM Access, TPGS, and MOUNTAIN, LTD., are leaders in delivering workforce solutions and integrated services across North America. We help clients get work done more efficiently and economically, without compromising quality. System One not only serves as a valued partner for our clients, but we offer eligible full-time employees health and welfare benefits coverage options including medical, dental, vision, spending accounts, life insurance, voluntary plans, as well as participation in a 401(k) plan.
System One is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, family care or medical leave status, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.