Environmental Engineer/Geologist/ScientistHaley & Aldrich
is a 900+ personnel national engineering and environmental consulting firm with creative, technically strong staff who want to work in a collaborative environment to deliver exceptional value to our clients. We look for professionals with a passion for solving even the most complex client problems. This problem-solving ability and opportunity to be a change agent is a vital part of our culture, no matter what level or role a staff member holds.
We are looking to add new talent to our growing team! We are currently seeking an entry level to junior level Geologist, Environmental Scientist
, or Environmental Engineer
to work in a technical support role with highly skilled professionals on diverse project teams in a dynamic environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing group and company and get involved in a variety of projects for a diverse range of clients. This position entails travel to job sites and working outside of the office setting for a significant portion of time, conducting site and subsurface characterization for environmental and geotechnical projects and/or monitoring contractor's geotechnical and environmental-related activities during construction. This full-time
position will be based out of our Boston, MA
The successful candidate will:
- Conduct on-site monitoring/ engineering observation of contractor environmental and geotechnical related construction activities.
- Perform site reconnaissance to observe existing conditions, assess site access for subsurface explorations, and identify important site features.
- Monitor subsurface exploration activities (e.g., test borings, geoprobes, and test pits) to collect soil, bedrock, groundwater, and other pertinent information for project design.
- Conduct soil and groundwater sampling in accordance with applicable ASTM standards, company standard procedures, and other industry standard guidelines.
- Conduct routine data collection, synthesis, and analysis using approved procedures appropriate for their discipline.
- Compile, reduce, analyze, manage, and report field, instrumentation, geological, and/or environmental data using spreadsheets and other tools.
- Use various environmental and geotechnical instrumentation and equipment during field work.
- Perform historical site review and review applicable regulations, as appropriate.
- Prepare written reports, proposals, cost estimates, and other client deliverables, including Phase I and Phase II ESAs and Massachusetts Contingency Plan documents.
- Adhere to Site Specific Health and Safety Plans prepared for each project site. As applicable, participate in site safety briefings and audits by both contractors and Haley & Aldrich.
- Must comply with the Guiding Principles and Code of Behavior articulated in our Company Charter.
- Must comply with company and client Health & Safety protocols.
About Haley & Aldrich
- B.S. degree in Environmental Engineering, Geology, or other related discipline. M.S. degree welcomed.
- 0-5 years of related experience.
- Has or will apply for initial professional certification in their core discipline, where applicable, such as EIT or FE, or FG or PG.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in MS Office software.
- Ability to travel to temporary assignments across the U.S.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must have a reliable form of transportation to travel to job sites and the office.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. unassisted.
- OSHA 40-hr. HAZWOPER and OSHA 10-hr. Construction Site Safety training preferred.
Haley & Aldrich, Inc. is committed to delivering the value our clients need from their capital, operations, and environmental projects. Our one-team approach allows us to draw from our 900 engineers, scientists, and constructors in more than 35 offices for creative collaboration and expert perspectives. Since our founding in 1957, we have had one goal in all we do: deliver long-term value efficiently, no matter how straightforward or complex the challenge. Visit haleyaldrich.com.
Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status. We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package and you can find a detailed list of all our benefits here. Interested candidates should apply online on our Careers page.