Arcadis is the world's leading company delivering sustainable design, engineering, and consultancy solutions for natural and built assets.
We are more than 36,000 people, in over 70 countries, dedicated to improving quality of life. Everyone has an important role to play. With the power of many curious minds, together we can solve the world's most complex challenges and deliver more impact together. Role description:
Arcadis is seeking a detail oriented, well organized, dependable Geologist or Environmental Scientist to join our firm who is self-motivated and dedicated to contributing to our success. This entry level full-time position requires strict adherence to health and safety procedures, attention to detail, strong work ethic, and excellent communication skills. Arcadis' performance-based evaluations provide an opportunity for candidates to advance their career within the company. Role accountabilities:
Responsibilities will include a combination of field and office related tasks and will include travel for extended periods. Field activities may include the following:
Office activities may include the following:
- Oversight of drilling operations (installing monitoring wells and soil or rock descriptions)
- Soil, groundwater, and air sampling in compliance with State and Federal standards
- Implementation of injection or other in-situ based remedial technologies
- Oversight of system remedial system installations
- Subcontractor oversight
- Extensive and detailed note-taking, and effective coordination and communication with project team members
- Provide emergency response support (environmental sample planning and collection, rail client and state/federal regulator correspondence, onsite contractor oversight) for train derailments/HAZMAT spills, with the potential to travel throughout Florida and the southeast
- Field work will frequently be performed at project sites with environmental media (e.g., soil, sediment, groundwater, surface water, etc.) that has been impacted with hazardous substances and/or hazardous wastes. However, Arcadis provides substantial Health and Safety training, support and mentoring for all project activities, and promotes a strong safety culture where employee and public safety comes first.
- Data management (compilation, manipulation, and evaluation of data)
- Assisting with writing and preparing technical reports, work plans, letters, and memoranda
- Preparing cost estimates and proposals
- Coordinating work schedules with subcontractors
- Figure/map/boring log production
- Candidates must be proficient with MS Word and MS Excel. The ideal candidate will have excellent written and strong interpersonal communication skills, multi-tasking skills, and efficient time management.
This position does require travel and fieldwork
. During some periods, fieldwork may be up to 70-90%
of your time, with some travel requiring hotel stays. Candidates must be willing to work outside in all weather conditions and for extended periods. Candidates must also be able to meet the physical demands associated with performing field work, including lifting heavy equipment, working in a standing position for extended periods of time, working alone at remote sites, etc. Field work may be performed at project sites with environmental media (e.g., soil, sediment, groundwater, surface water, etc.) that has been impacted with hazardous substances and/or hazardous wastes. Qualifications & Experience:
- A Bachelor of Science (BS) in a Geology, Geosciences, or Environmental Science
- 1 - 3 years of related work experience
- Proficiency at using Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- A current valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Current OSHA HAZWOPER 40 HR / 8 HR training
- Previous industry, consulting, or regulatory internship experience
- 40-hour Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response training
We can only achieve our goals when everyone is empowered to be their best. We believe everyone's contribution matters. It's why we are pioneering a skills-based approach, where you can harness your unique experience and expertise to carve your career path and maximize the impact we can make together.
You'll do meaningful work, and no matter what role, you'll be helping to deliver sustainable solutions for a more prosperous planet. Make your mark, on your career, your colleagues, your clients, your life and the world around you.
Together, we can create a lasting legacy.
Join Arcadis. Create a Legacy.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Arcadis offers benefits for full time and part time positions. These benefits include medical, dental, and vision, EAP, 401K, STD, LTD, AD&D, life insurance, paid parental leave, reward & recognition program and optional benefits including wellbeing benefits, adoption assistance and tuition reimbursement. We offer seven paid holidays and potentially up to two floating holidays per calendar year depending on start date, and 15 days PTO that accrue per year. The salary range for this position is $61200- $91800.