The 'Apply with SEEK option' will be utilized for International applicants, mainly Australia. If this does not apply to you please use the 'Apply' option.
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
EFI Global is a full-service engineering, fire investigation, environmental, health and safety, and specialty consulting services firm serving a variety of industries in both the public and private sectors. Over the last four decades, we have grown from a boutique firm specializing in handling insurance fraud and arson cases and providing expert witness testimony, into a recognized global leader in engineering failure analysis, origin-and-cause investigations, environmental consulting, laboratory testing and specialty consulting. Our forensic investigation, engineering and environmental services teams around the world share a dedication to expertise, quality and demonstrating to customers that caring counts®. Each of our more than 700 professional engineers, fire investigators, architects and scientists was selected for their technical proficiency, in-depth industry knowledge and commitment to professional integrity. Together, our diverse backgrounds and collective insights empower clients to make better-informed business decisions. EFI's combination of global solutions and local expertise has earned the firm a reputation for delivering timely responses that consistently meet our clients' expectations-anytime, anywhere. Click here to learn more about EFI Global.
Seeking an experienced Geologist to support Due Diligence, Site Assessment and Remediation (Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments), conduct field activities, analyze sampling data, prepare reports, and coordinate with regulatory agencies.
This hybrid/remote role requires working in a variety of environments, office visits and a combination of travel (local or regional).
Must live in the Northern NJ, Central NJ or NYC areas. PRIMARY PURPOSE:
To test, analyze, survey, interpret, and report on information/data collected relative to project assignments performing assignments in a timely manner and within the financial constraints of budgetary requirements and contractual obligations. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, develops, coordinates, implements, and directs projects within fields of expertise.
- Interprets field data and laboratory results.
- Summarizes data from field samples and laboratory result and writes reports relating appropriate information regarding
- field data and laboratory results.
- Reviews the work output of others ensuring all work meets or exceeds client expectations and contractual obligations.
- Meets or exceeds productivity levels as determined by manager.
- Promotes EFI Global capabilities to expand business opportunities with new and existing client companies assisting in the development of business and marketing.
- Completes project tasks in accordance with standard operating procedures assuring completed scope of work for project.
- Advises immediate supervisor of necessary deviations from standards or scope of assignment and recommends appropriate course(s) of action.
- Complies with company and OSHA safety programs and use of personal protection equipment.
- Completes project tasks within established budgetary schedule and assists in the invoice process.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS Education & Licensing
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Travels as required.
- Coordination of internal personnel and subcontractors for completion of projects.
- Conduct environmental field work, including soil boring advancement and logging, groundwater sampling, fluid level gauging and oversight of field surveys, drilling, well installation and utility clearance.
- Field data collection, interpretation and field document preparation.
- Conduct research to identify geological formations and soil delineation studies.
- Participate in the identification of viable remedial solutions.
- Support Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site assessments for the Due Diligence Group.
- Assist with, manage and/or write a variety of reports associated with site investigation and remediation projects under CERCLA, RCRA, and state regulatory programs.
Bachelor's degree in Geology or a related science field from an accredited college or university preferred.
Licenses as required.
Required State Geologist license or equivalent.
Required 40-Hour OSHA HAZWOPER Training/8-Hour Refresher training. Experience
Six (6) years of related and practical work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Required groundwater, soil and/or sediment field sampling experience. Skills & Knowledge
- Possess a basic knowledge in area of expertise and knowledge of general terms, conditions, nomenclature, principles and practices of related expertise associated with the Environmental Services industry and/or assigned area of specialty
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven management/leadership skills
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Ability to create and complete comprehensive, accurate and constructive written reports
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations. Mental:
Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines Physical:
- Travel as required
- Computer keyboarding
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to kneel, squat or bend.
- Must be able to work outdoors in hot and/or cold weather conditions.
- Have the ability to climb, crawl, stoop, kneel, reaching/working overhead
- Must have continual use of manual dexterity
Hearing, vision and talking
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace
Our business is founded on people with the best technical skills and outstanding industry knowledge and we strive to employ and retain exceptional talent. EFI Global is an equal opportunity employer welcoming applications from all qualified persons.
If you are interested in working for us, please visit our job board.