We are currently seeking an Environmental Scientist
to work with ECI clients. You will perform Phase 1 Environmental assessments, ESC/SWM inspections, planning, scheduling, and technical support for services related to wetlands, natural resources inventories, permitting, permit compliance, regulatory support, and other environmental projects. We are looking for an energetic professional who enjoys working outdoors and values the freedom of working independently. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment and the challenges of a rewarding profession, consider a career in environmental compliance with ECI. This position will work remotely from home and field as required. WHAT WE OFFER:
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Industry competitive pay.
- Company vehicle with fuel card to take to and from home & work.
- Medical/Health/Dental/Vision/VOYA/Vacation Accrual/Paid Holidays/EAP eligibility on day one of employment (Full-Time Employees).
- 401K, life insurance, long-term disability eligibility first of the month after 3 months of service.
- Sick Time eligibility on day 90 of employment.
- Weekly pay checks and direct deposit.
- Participation in Employee Referral Program (must meet eligibility requirements).
- Boot and clothing program (company funded).
- Ongoing training and assistance with obtaining industry certifications.
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- Phase 1 Environmental Assessments and Reporting.
- Preform wetland delineations, sensitive habitat identification, and overall environmental field data collection.
- Coordinate and manage federal and state agency consultation and coordination.
- Develop and implement overall strategy and approach for environmental aspects of complex projects.
- Stay up to date with state and local energy trends, and regulations.
- Provide technical oversight and quality management of both field work and office deliverables.
- Prepare Requests for Jurisdictional Determinations.
- Map and assess vegetation communities and habitat quality.
- Monitor and write reports for wetland mitigation and stream restoration projects.
- Participate and conduct listed species surveys.
- Ability to read and interpret maps, development plans, technical reports, planning and zoning ordinances, environmental regulations, drawings, and specifications.
- Ability to manage special projects as assigned from conception to completion with little oversight.
- Interprets complex plans and drawings.
- Conduct preconstruction meetings and inspect construction sites for compliance with approved plans.
WHAT WOULD BE AMAZING TO HAVE:
- BS in natural resources, environmental science, environmental engineering, biological science, or related field.
- 3-5+ years of professional environmental compliance and permitting consulting experience.
- Field experience preforming Phase 1 Environmental assessments and/or delineating wetlands according to US Army Corps of Engineers Manual and the appropriate Regional Supplements.
- Knowledge of federal and state environmental and energy siting regulations and permitting, and NEPA compliance.
- Experience with Trimble GPS units, ArcGIS, and/or other ESRI data collection software.
- Certifications such as ESC Inspector or Plan review, PWD, PWS, or permits for endangered species collection.
- Experience working with federal and state resource and regulatory agency personnel and various permitting processes.
Work alone in an outdoor field environment; vehicle and foot patrol of utility power lines; remote locations as well as urban, city environment; physical demands and travel from site to site, including walking/hiking on various surfaces including flat, dry, wet, slippery, uneven, rough, steep terrain, hills, and slopes; exposure to noise, dust, grease, and all types of weather and temperature conditions; exposure to hazardous traffic conditions. Reasonable accommodations, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. Physical
The team member must have sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a field environment; to walk up to 10 miles per day, stand, sit, and operate a motor vehicle for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, run, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp and make repetitive hand, arm and shoulder movement in the performance of daily duties (e.g., forcefully beat down brush); carry, push and/or pull light to heavy amounts of weight, frequently lift up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 60 lbs. (sandbags); to operate assigned equipment and vehicles; ability to verbally communicate to exchange information with public; ability to see and hear in normal range with or without correction; operate assigned field equipment, including handheld computer, range finder, fyrake, water backpack, shovel, and traffic cone. Company Overview
Environmental Consultants (ECI) is a leading provider of vegetation and asset management consulting services to the utility industry. Successful professionals at ECI have come from a variety of backgrounds, including forestry, arboriculture, natural resource management, biology, landscape maintenance, horticulture, nursery management, environmental sciences, geology, agriculture, parks & recreation management, urban forestry, geography, and more. For more information visit our website www.eci-consulting.com Applicants must pass a pre-employment drug test and a criminal background check. All candidates must possess a valid driver's license and have a good driving record. ECI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AA : Minority/Female/ Vets/ Disabled.