Mason Job Description
P&G is the largest consumer packaged goods company in the world. We have operations in over 75 countries, with 65 trusted brands that improve lives for 5 billion consumers worldwide. This brings many advantages, including the opportunity for our employees to enjoy a diverse and rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges.
Are you looking for a position that offers a rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges? P&G is looking for an Environmental Associate Scientist - BS/MS.
Environmental Associate Scientist - BS/MS
We are looking for an environmental Associate Scientist
to work in the Biodegradation Lab at the Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability (ESS) group in our Global Product Stewardship (GPS) under Research & Development organization, located at Procter & Gamble's Mason Business Center in Mason, Ohio.
Main responsibilities include evaluating material's environmental fate based on standardized biodegradation test results, coordinating equipment calibration and maintenance to ensure a smooth operation of the biodegradation lab, and developing novel test methods with senior technical experts as needed. Interfacing with internal customers and advising on environmental fate profiles of materials. Job Qualifications
BS/MS in environmental science, environmental engineering, chemistry, biology or closely related field with in-depth knowledge of environmental science laboratory testing procedures to work in a lab applying technical expertise to evaluate the environmental fate of materials used in P&G products.
- Extensive chemical, biological or microbiology laboratory experience is preferred including experience in sample preparation, laboratory extraction procedures, and analytical experience with TOC, HPLC, and other standard analytical techniques.
- Work experience on radiochemistry, liquid scintillation counting, and thin layer chromatography will be a positive in the consideration of prospective candidates.
- Willingness to collaborate effectively with other team members and internal customers and interact in a productive and positive manner. Being a self-directed person with a flow to the work attitude, and flexibility to adjust priorities is critical. Willingness to occasionally work on weekends and local travel(
- Strong communication skills to enable seamless collaboration with customers and stakeholders inside and outside the Company including working knowledge of Microsoft excel and word. Knowledge on Electronic lab notebook is a plus.
- The ideal candidate will have passion for laboratory work, the willingness to work in a laboratory setting and the desire to be innovative and solve tough technical challenges.
The successful applicant will join a team of environmental scientists focused on environmental effects assessment of consumer and personal care product ingredients that leverage laboratory, field, and modeling capabilities. Just So You Know:
Compensation for roles at P&G varies depending on a wide array of non-discriminatory factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, degree/credentials, relevant skill set, and level of relevant experience. At P&G compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Total rewards at P&G include salary + bonus (if applicable) + benefits. Your recruiter may be able to share more about our total rewards offerings and the specific salary range for the relevant location(s) during the hiring process.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Immigration Sponsorship is not available for this role. For more information regarding who is eligible for hire at P&G along with other work authorization FAQ's, please click HERE.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. Job Schedule
Full time Job Number
R000086307 Job Segmentation
Recent Grads/Entry Level (Job Segmentation) Starting Pay / Salary Range
$85,000.00 - $115,000.00 / year