Title: Senior Environmental Planner/Biologist
Location: Seattle, Tacoma, Bellingham
Job Type: Regular Full-time
What's the Opportunity?
Anchor QEA is seeking a full-time Senior Environmental Planner/Biologist for one of our offices in Washington (Bellingham, Seattle, or Tacoma). The position may also require some travel to participate in client meetings, public meetings, stakeholder work groups, fieldwork, or site visits. The successful candidate will have more than 5 years of experience performing environmental review, permitting, and/or collaborative science- and policy-based planning for a variety of natural and built resource projects. This includes demonstrated experience conducting regulatory and ecological analyses in support of federal and/or state environmental policy acts; preparing permit applications and other technical documents in support of federal, state, and local environmental regulations; developing and reviewing documents, status reports, and deliverables; and completing quality control review of documents. We are interested in a candidate who is a quick learner, detail-orientated, and a committed team player who possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience in environmental permitting and biology. Skills include:
- Leading and reviewing State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) and/or National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documentation for public or private institutions
- Developing and implementing environmental compliance strategies and preparing documentation related to compliance with federal, state, and local permit requirements
- Experience with critical areas regulations, including wetlands and streams and related understanding of field applications and impacts evaluation
- Demonstrating compliance with Shoreline Master Programs for municipal clients
- Managing tasks or projects, including overseeing small project or field teams
- Developing and managing scopes, schedules, budgets
- Interfacing with clients, agencies, other consultants, and the public
Experience with the following is a plus:
- Conducting surveys for protected plants, wildlife, and/or fish
- Conducting wetland delineations
- Conducting habitat assessments and special status habitat inventories
What Are We Looking For?
Ideal candidates will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in developing environmental documentation related to SEPA and/or NEPA
- Experience in completing environmental permit applications and supporting analyses
- Training or professional certification in wetland science and stream functional assessments
- Excellent written and verbal communication
What Can You Expect?
A collaborative work environment where we encourage everyone to bring their authentic self. We offer competitive compensation and benefits which are detailed below.
Who Are We?
Anchor QEA is an environmental science and engineering consulting firm that is focused on improving the environment and our communities by solving challenging problems. We employ more than 400 people in offices around the United States. Our vision is for a growing company that is our clients' first choice for solving their most challenging problems and our employees' first choice as a company where they want to work. Learn more about Anchor QEA at www.anchorqea.com
How to Apply?
Apply online through Anchor QEA's Open Positions page at https://www.anchorqea.com/careers/careers-open-positions/. Veterans are encouraged to apply.
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion. As an equal opportunity employer, Anchor QEA is committed to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment. Anchor QEA does not discriminate in employment based on age, race, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran's status, national origin, disability or sexual orientation.
Salary and Other Compensation:
- Salary Range: $75,283 - $95,000 annually
- Annual Bonus
- Other potential bonus types: Billable Time Bonus, Spot Bonus, Milestone Anniversary Bonus, Receiving Professional License/Certification Bonus, Peer-reviewed Publication Bonus, Employee Referral Bonus.
Base Level Benefits for Regular Full-Time Positions:
- Healthcare: Medical, dental, vision, basic life and AD&D insurance, short- and long-term disability programs.
- Paid Company and Floating Holidays: 7 paid company and 2 floating holidays annually
- Vacation: 2 weeks accrued paid vacation based on length of service. Vacation may vary by level.
- Sick and Safe Time: 80 hours annually
- Retirement Plan: 401k plan with an employer match
- Further information on benefits: https://anchorqea.com/careers/benefits/