ABOUT THE POSITION
Environmental Scientist | Bedford, NH
VHB is hiring an Environmental Scientist to join our Bedford, NH office, and support a wide variety of projects across our environmental practice. VHB is seeking a professional who has interest and experience in preparing environmental review documentation in accordance with the federal-level National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), as well as other state and federal environmental studies for a diverse set of clients.
VHB's overall environmental team provides a wide range of integrated services such as natural resource management, environmental permitting, sustainability and resiliency planning, urban planning, comprehensive master planning, solid waste management, air quality and noise studies, water conservation and water quality projects, historic resource planning, and community engagement. We are looking for applicants that have an interest in our full range of environmental services.
- Collaborate with colleagues throughout VHB's multidisciplinary practice, particularly with VHB environmental team
- Work with a team of scientists, planners and engineers on NEPA and state environmental reviews
- Prepare environmental reports, memoranda, and other environmental documentation
- Conduct data collection and field work
- Use technical tools such as GIS and Microsoft Office
- Support public outreach and coordinate with clients
Skills and Abilities:
- Self-motivated with attention to details and ability to think critically
- Must be able to work independently and as a part of project teams
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of NEPA, environmental planning and regulations, and sustainability planning is a plus
- Familiarity with technical analyses and tools
- 1-3 years of experience in environmental science required
- 3-5 years of experience in environmental science preferred (a master's degree may be substituted for 2 years of experience)
- BS in a natural science-related field (e.g., Environmental Science, Biology, Landscape Architecture, Fisheries and Wildlife, Ecology, Natural Resources)
We are VHB! We're an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments. Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our environment.
Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee experience, which includes:
- Diverse and inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation
- Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects
- Community and social responsibility as sustainable stewards
- Focus on learning, development, and career growth
- Best-in-class benefits, including flexible, hybrid workplace
We are consistently rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We're growing, and we hope you'll join us!
VHB is a proud Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Since our founding, we have intentionally fostered a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion-supported by deep-rooted core values, one of which is diversity. All individuals receive consideration for employment based on their qualifications without discrimination for race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, or any other basis protected by law.
External Company URL: https://www.vhb.com/
Street: 2 Bedford Farms Drive, Suite 200