Environmental Compliance Monitor (Biology, Cultural, Paleontology) ABOUT US
Established in 1999, Transcon Environmental, Inc. is a 100% employee-owned company, that offers environmental consulting services throughout the United States. Our Corporate Office is based in Mesa, AZ and we have multiple offices in California, Utah, Virginia, Arizona and Wyoming. Our highly successful team of resource professionals provides environmental planning, permitting, and compliance services for a variety of clients. ABOUT THE POSITION
Transcon is seeking a qualified full-time environmental compliance monitor to inspect electrical transmission and distribution line construction projects. The principal duties will be inspecting and monitoring construction activities to ensure resource protection measures are being implemented to protect sensitive resources (i.e., archaeological, paleontological, biological, and visual resources; waters; soils; unique geological features; etc.).
Examples of daily activities include verifying sensitive archaeological sites are flagged for avoidance and ensuring rare plant populations are properly flagged and avoided. Other duties will consist of tracking and reporting construction activities, documentation of compliance/non-compliance with resource protection measures, completing daily reports, photo documenting site conditions, and interacting professionally with other relevant parties. This position is primarily a field-based position with minimal office time anticipated.
The ideal candidate for this work will possess a degree in biology, cultural, paleontological resources or similar. Candidates should have the ability to work independently or as part of a team; have strong attention to detail; strong written and oral communication skills and be highly organized. Candidates applying for this position will be based out of our Mesa Office but may be asked to work in Arizona and New Mexico. COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including paid time off; medical, dental, and vision insurance; and 401K with employer match. As a 100% Employee-Owned Company all employees will also be enrolled in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan, becoming shareholders in the company. Employees will be reimbursed for mileage or provided with a company vehicle and get per diem for this project. Compensation is based on qualifications and relevant experience. REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in an environmental resource field (biology, ecology, archaeology, or paleontology)
- Ability to work long hours in potentially extreme weather conditions
- Competence using global positioning system units, maps, ipads, and submeter accuracy devices
- Ability to operate four-wheel drive vehicles on rough terrain
- Ability to perform work duties independently or in a team setting
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to perform work duties independently or as part of a team
- Clear communicator, highly organized, motivated, thorough, accurate, and dependable
- Ability to relocate close to the project, as needed
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- Biological resources (specifically avian surveys, raptor identification, botanical surveys, and/or bat surveys)
- Implementing and/or monitoring erosion and sediment controls including preparation and maintenance of SWPPPs.
- Cultural resources
- Paleontological resources
- Restoration and reclamation processes
- Field experience on construction projects
- Familiarity with electrical transmission and distribution line construction activities
- Performing environmental inspections for construction monitoring
- Prior experience working in, Arizona, New Mexico
Applicants must have a clean driving record for at least five years prior to the start of work. Offers of employment will be contingent upon passing a background check and drug and alcohol testing.
Transcon Environmental, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Transcon Environmental Inc employment opportunities extend to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. https://www.wrightservicecorp.com/privacy-policy/
Transcon Environmental Inc employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.