Eurofins DQCI, LLC is a full-service environmental laboratory that has provided analytical chemistry and microbiological services to a diverse range of clients since 1943. Eurofins QC's analytical product array is focused on providing testing services that enable clients to meet their regulatory and monitoring requirements. Analytical data is produced within a quality system framework that provides clients with an accurate and representative portrayal of a sample's constituents. This data empowers them to make informed, confident decisions regarding future actions related to regulatory compliance requirements.
Eurofins DQCI is looking for a Field Services Supervisor in East Rutherford, NJ.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Directly supervise team of 3 to 4 field service technicians.
· Manage team weekly schedule; Assign work to team, maintaining oversight of assigned route/work by conducting spot checks, reviewing log books, auditing processes and schedules to ensure efficient coverage, on time service and top quality customer service.
· Manage team property book, maintaining accountability of assigned team equipment, track equipment maintenance, track equipment readiness/calibrations, and conducting regular inspections/inventories.
· Maintain assigned route (working supervisors); collect field samples at decentralized locations in assigned area of responsibility from various clients.
· Manage team administratively. Resolving basic HR/administrative issues such as approving time off, maintaining training records, writing coaching/disciplinary documentation, and maintaining a basic personnel file.
· Troubleshoot issues, both technical and administrative, for team solving problems at lowest possible level. Relay information or request for resources to Field Services Manager.
· Regularly transport, set up, utilize, troubleshoot and break down sample collection/monitoring equipment in support of assigned projects/customer accounts.
· Manage and track team training/certification records; coordinate training for new team members and recertification for existing team members.
· Communicate directly with customers providing clear and accurate information concerning their sample collection timeline and access requirements. Serve as liaison between field service team and client services as needed.
· Communicate with field services manager and laboratory staff, routinely sending timeline and sample/project updates throughout work day (Situation reports).
· Perform miscellaneous on-site testing when required, record all data, and complete/submit all required sample documents.
· Lead by example; Drive safely and observe all traffic laws. Maintain assigned vehicle according to company expectations for cleanliness and maintenance.
· Lead by example; Personally observe all OSHA safety requirements while adhering to the company health and safety policies; do not enter any confined space(s) without direct approval from upper management.
· Work assigned shift/hours in support of business needs maintaining flexibility to work overtime, weekends and/or holidays when requested.
The ideal candidate would possess:
· Supervisory experience leading teams of 5-10 technical professionals.
· Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills. Able to work with Laboratory Information Management System.
· Strong problem solving skills.
· Able to implement/maintain resource management systems (Scheduling tools, inventory management, time management)
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills, customer service oriented; internal and external customers.
· Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time as well as be able to lift a 25-pound object from the floor to a shelf five feet high.
· Strong time management skills. Able to manage priorities as needs of the business evolve.
· Detail oriented with ability to learn new techniques, multi-task, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company standard operating policies.
· Experience with technical field equipment including, but not limited to, field measurement meters, well pumps, auto samplers, and tablets/software programs.
· Ideal candidate will have college credits in chemistry, earth sciences, environmental studies, or biology fields.
The company will provide all required training and a vehicle to selected applicants.