At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We're looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.Organization Overview:
Lilly unites caring with discovery to create medicines that make life better for people around the world. Lilly is a fortune 500 company that has been in operation for over 140 years. We make medicine with safety first and quality always while living our company values of Integrity, Excellence, and Respect for People.
Lilly is designing and building a new state of the art Parenteral, Device Assembly, and Packaging Facility located at the Research Triangle Park (RTP) in North Carolina. This is an exciting opportunity to help build and operate a state-of-the-art manufacturing site from the ground up.
The Environmental Specialist will be responsible for the development and technical support of environmental permits and programs at the RTP site. Responsibilities will include but not limited to: regulatory and corporate environmental compliance for the site, coordination of all environmental activities for the site, environmental initiatives execution, and influencing business and strategic planning.
The Environmental Specialist provides coaching to the organization to ensure environmental stewardship.Responsibilities:
- Engage site resources in achieving an environmentally compliant workplace.
- Develop, establish, and sustain environmental permits and programs for the RTP site to support the transition from construction to start up, and to ensure compliance with internal and external requirements.
- Partner with construction and design build firms to ensure smooth handoff from construction to start up.
- Develop and establish environmental best practices RTP and provide ongoing technical support.
- Provide support for all environmental activities at the RTP site.
- Understand and support the HSE event, CAPA and change control processes, and influence application of the hierarchy of controls to reduce risk, driving toward site and company goals to achieve an injury free, environmentally compliant workplace.
- Cross train within the HSE team to support Health and Safety goals.
- Leverage knowledge of severe incident risk to influence minimization of potential events and increase awareness / knowledge among site resources.
- Provide front line environmental support for the site.
- Bachelor of Science in Scientific, Engineering, or Environmental discipline
- Prior environmental experience
- Experience with CAPA system for addressing changes and deviations
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills
- Strong communication and computer skills required
- Green site start up experience preferred
- GMP operational experience
- Strong regulatory knowledge
- Role is Monday through Friday based. Must be flexible in providing support to accommodate other inputs (production schedules, shutdowns, etc.). Occasional extended hour and / or off-hour work may be required.
- Position will be based out of RTP site with ability to travel to Indianapolis and other global Lilly sites, as required
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively "Lilly") are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women's Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.