We are seeking a multidisciplinary scientist to join the Chemical Biology and Emerging Therapeutics (CBET) team in the Technology and Therapeutic Platforms (TTP) department with a focus on using bioinformatics to integrate proteomics data and other internal and external datasets for the evaluation of tool molecules and drug candidates. The successful candidate will be adept at extracting biological meaning from such datasets as part of collaborative efforts to study a molecule's mechanism of action, off-target profile, and other biological effects. Also critical is the ability to clearly communicate their findings and work with scientists from diverse backgrounds and design follow-up experiments for hypothesis testing. The successful candidate will provide key contributions to advance AbbVie's therapeutic area programs, as well as contribute to the development of novel therapeutics modalities.
• Analyze and integrate proteomics, transcriptomics, genomics, and other data from internal workflows and external sources to enhance the understanding of the mechanisms, off-target profiles, and biological effects of tool molecules and drug candidates.
• Work with team members on experimental design for omics experimentation, hypothesis generation, and follow-up studies.
• Evaluate, develop, and implement computational methods, pipelines, and tools for data analysis and visualization.
• Effectively interpret and communicate results to colleagues.
• Collaborate on projects across multiple therapeutic areas and stages of drug discovery.
Position will be hired based on level of experience.
· BS, MS or PhD or Post-Doc in bioinformatics, computational biology, proteomics, chemical biology, or a related area with typically 10-12+ (BS), 8-10+ (MS), or 0-4+ (PhD) years of experience.
· Experience in processing and extracting biological meaning from proteomics and/or transcriptomics datasets, with a familiarity of state-of-the-art experimental workflows.
· Experience in integrating and cross-comparing multiple biological datasets and databases.
· Fluency in one or more relevant programming languages, such as R or Python, and SQL.
· A strong record of achievement, including publications and external presentations.
· Excellent communication and data visualization skills, demonstrated in multidisciplinary teams.
• High attention to detail, creativity in problem-solving, and strong interpersonal skills.
• Can-do attitude/team-oriented/open to tackling new challenges.
· Experience with basic drug discovery research or disease biology.
· Experience in using human genetics (OMIM, GWAS) for (off)-target evaluation.
· Experience with metabolomics data sets.
· Experience with AWS compute environment.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie's policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.