AbbVie Oncology Discovery Research is seeking a highly motivated and skilled biologist in cell and molecular biology, DNA damage/repair, or immunology with a proven track record of research accomplishments. This individual will be a key contributor to enable biologics-based anti-cancer drugs with the goal of generating future clinical programs. This position will provide an exciting and dynamic opportunity to positively contribute to research programs that have a high likelihood of entering clinical trials and furthering understanding in the field of cancer targeting and treatment.
The Senior Scientist will operate in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary environment, interacting with diverse groups of experts within and outside of their scientific discipline. Key Responsibilities:
- Function as a key collaborator and contributor in a matrixed team environment with the opportunity to lead key discovery research activities.
- Prosecute biologic-based therapeutic programs (e.g., antibodies/multi-specifics/antibody-drug conjugates) and execute experiments to probe biology and mechanism of action.
- Execute studies within agreed upon timelines to help achieve milestone decisions. Maintain thorough understanding of project goals and modify experimental plans accordingly.
- Critically analyze/interpret data, accurately document, and promptly communicate results.
- Prioritize and manage multiple research activities, utilizing a broad range of technical expertise and knowledge in cancer biology.
- Develop and deliver scientific reports in the form of oral presentation and writing.
- Critically evaluate emerging scientific literature and participate in scientific meetings. Stays current with and adopts innovative technologies.
- PhD, Masters, or Bachelors in Cell/Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology or related field and typically 0-4+ years (PhD), 8-10+ (MS), or 10-12+ (BS) years of job-related experience.
- Broad experience and technical proficiency in standard biochemical, cellular and molecular biology techniques (i.e., mammalian cell culture, cell-based/biochemical assays, Western blotting, RT-qPCR, ELISA, flow cytometry).
- Organizational skills and experience with computer programs for data interpretation (e.g., Microsoft Excel, FlowJO, GraphPad Prism).
- Extensive laboratory research experience and a desire to continue in a laboratory-focused role with a high level of experimental rigor and quality.
- Impactful research experience demonstrated by peer-reviewed publications and co-authorship on presentations at scientific conferences.
- Proven effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as an individual contributor in a team setting and as an active collaborative partner.
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Expertise in DNA-damage and repair pathways.
- Previous experience in biologics or biologic-based drugs, either in an academic or industrial setting.
- Broad range of cell-biology experimental expertise.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change the course quickly where needed.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages to reality.
Position will be filled at level commensurate with extent of education, experience, and accomplishment
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie's policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.