The Northwest Region of Ardurra is seeking an Environmental Project Manager to support our Environmental Services Group.
Ideally, this role will be fulfilled from our Spokane, WA or Heber, UT offices. However, this position can be filled in any of our Northwest office locations. Position Summary
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Environmental Project Manager to join our team. In this role, you will lead a team to manage and complete a variety of environmental projects related to state, local, and federal laws and regulations; and will coordinate and maintain effective relationships with agencies, clients, subconsultants, and the public.
The ideal candidate will have experience in managing projects associated with the Washington State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) as well as National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documents, such as Categorical Exclusions (CATEX) and Environmental Assessments (EA), and preparing environmental documents/permits that satisfy federal regulations such as the Endangered Species Act (ESA), Migratory Bird Treaty Act (MBTA), and Clean Water Act (CWA). Excellent written, communication, and computer skills and the willingness to work in both field and office environments on a wide range of environmental projects is required.
If you thrive in a fast-paced team environment, enjoy a client focused and driven environment, and want to join a well-respected and knowledgeable environmental team, we encourage you to apply today. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Ecology, Biology or similar discipline.
- 5+ years of experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role, with a strong track record of successfully managing environmental projects.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities effectively.
- Strong understanding of local, state, and federal environmental regulations and policies. Experience related to critical areas and priority species/habitats within the State of Washington a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written), with the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of stakeholders, including engineers, contractors, cities, government agencies, surveyors, attorneys, and various departments within many municipalities.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to identify and manage project risks and issues effectively.
- Oversight of staff to ensure successful completion of technical reports and compliance documentation including, but not limited to; aquatic resource/wetland delineations, Critical Areas Assessments, Habitat Management Plans, federally-and state-listed species and/or biological resources reports, SEPA checklists, NEPA documentation (CATEX, EA, etc.), and a variety of permitting applications (e.g., Section 404 permits).
- Lead technical staff in document preparation, editing, and production; assigning tasks; attendance at project meetings inside and outside the office including interfacing with clients.
- Business development.
- Ensure projects meet regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Stay current on trends related to environmental laws and regulations.
- Attend professional development opportunities to continue expanding your knowledge and skills.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Ability to navigate various locations and settings of the company.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be able to safely operate a vehicle.
- Ability to travel for site visits, client meetings, etc.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as opportunities for professional growth and development. If you are passionate about environmental project management and have a track record of success, we encourage you to apply! Salary Range
$80,000 to $100,000 (DOE) Why Ardurra?
While Ardurra offers competitive compensation and rich benefits programs, it is our culture that truly sets us apart from our peers. We nurture a family-like culture, striving to create a work environment that is enjoyable, challenging and rewarding but also fun. We are acutely focused on developing our staff, whether through our internal Ardurra Academy or through our industry-leading Leadership program. We have made a deliberate and focused commitment to nurture a people-centric culture where people are: valued as individuals; supported in their professional and career development with multiple, varied career paths; provided the tools and resources to be successful, engaged, and satisfied in their work; and positive benefits, time-off programs, and flexibility to help maintain a healthy balance between work and home.
Ardurra is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Ardurra does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Agency Agreement, Ardurra will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. If a resume or candidate is submitted to any hiring manager without a previously signed agreement, Ardurra reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. These candidates will be considered property of Ardurra. We're not currently looking to add any more agencies to our list of approved vendors, so please do not contact any of our managers or recruitment team with sales calls or details of your candidates.