Lead and engage in all aspects of occupational safety, health, and environmental systems for the Riverside, CA Distributive Assembly facility. Duties include, but are not limited to: coordination of the Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) training plan to meet regulatory and internal program requirements; maintain documents and records in cooperation with other facility resources including operations and human resources; purchase all safety supplies and equipment; manage all EHS programs, conduct or guide injury incident investigations, track all incidents (injuries, first aids, near hits), review and make recommendations for EHS improvements, coordinate EHS inspections, and facilitate new-hire safety orientation.Key Accountabilities
- Provide strategic leadership for EHS program development to achieve cultural permanence, site-specific performance objectives and program implementation goals.
- Maintain understanding and knowledge of current applicable federal, state, local regulations and company policies.
- Coordinate and conduct the incident management process to determine and correct root cause.
- Skilled in workers' compensation claims management coordinating with 3rd-party administrator.
- Lead and manage the implementation of injury reduction efforts. Promote "Zero Injury Culture" initiatives.
- Track and report operational safety performance.
- Support the environmental functions of the business:
- Maintain reporting requirements for the environmental calendar.
- Conduct training for applicable environmental regulation issues as needed.
- Track and report environmental metrics as needed.
- Maintain and update the Facility Environmental Plan.
- Identify and track all wastes and by-products generated and seek out recycling/reuse options.
- Train and support compliance with hazmat transportation requirements for wastes and products.
- Conduct safety training programs for all levels of the site organization.
- Provide leadership and facilitation and drive for a sustained plant safety committee.
- Function as emergency coordinator. Develop and drive emergency response and business continuity initiatives.
- Lead the operation to best practices and best-in-class EHS results (including program development).
- Assist the organization by participating in special taskforce assignments and special projects.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory industrial hygiene requirements.
- Serve as the site security focal point.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QualificationsCharacteristics & Attributes
Education & Experience
- Proficient collaborator; easily partners with, and gets things done with and through others.
- Flexibility to support off shifts as necessary.
- Ability to multi-task and balance priorities.
- Excellent people skills and professional demeanor. Ability to teach and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- General occupational safety, risk management, and environmental experience desired.
- Good oral and written communication, and presentation skills.
- Must have analytical reasoning and problem-solving capabilities.
- BS in Occupational Safety or Industrial Hygiene; advanced degree and/or professional certification(s) preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in health, safety and environmental field in a manufacturing setting, with at least three years in a leadership role.
- Strong track record for transformative results through programs, training and culture shaping.
- Demonstrated success in EHS leadership, and passionate commitment to the safety of others.
- Demonstrated program development, implementation and training success.
- Certified in CPR, AED and First Aid.
Position reports to the Corporate Director, EHS.
For nearly 70 years, MasterBrand has been shaping the places where people come together, enriching lives and creating meaningful memories for our customers. That, combined with our stylish products, expansive dealer and retail network, and dedicated associates, has helped make us the number one North American residential cabinet business. Our unique culture of continuous improvement is based on trusting the tools, empowering the team and moving forward, and is kept alive by our more than 14,000 associates across 20 plus manufacturing facility and offices. Visit to learn more and join us in building great experiences together!Equal Employment Opportunity
MasterBrand Cabinets LLC is an equal opportunity employer. MasterBrand Cabinets LLC's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability/handicap status, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. MasterBrand Cabinets LLC also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasterBrand Cabinets LLC's policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.Reasonable Accommodations
MasterBrand Cabinets LLC is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hiring Range: $80,000 - $120,000
*Actual pay will vary based on qualifications and other factors
- Type: Full-time
- Function: Human Resources