D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S.,
was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information.D.R. Horton, Inc.
is currently looking for an Division Stormwater Compliance Administrator
. The right candidate will assist in the management of the Division Stormwater Management Program with respect to Clean Water Act Sections 301, 402 and 404: National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES), as well as applicable federal, state, and local stormwater regulations. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in the management of the Division Stormwater Management Program in compliance with both D.R. Horton operational standards and applicable federal, state, and local jurisdictional regulations, in coordination and communication with the D.R. Horton Corporate and Region Stormwater Compliance Managers, the Division President and appropriate D.R. Horton personnel in Entitlements, Land Acquisition, Land Development and Vertical Construction (the %26ldquo;Division NPDES Program%26rdquo;)
- Assist in the development, implementation, and administration of revisions to the Division Stormwater Management Program in conformance with the DHI Stormwater Management Program, and as regulatory, operational or industry practices-requirements dictate
- Communicate and supervise third-party contractors and consultants responsible for stormwater or wetlands NPDES compliance, e.g. stormwater design professionals, storm water pollution prevention design, inspection, and corrective action consultants, erosion and sediment control contractors, and wetland consultants to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and the Division Stormwater Management Program
- Liaise with federal, state, and local regulatory agencies and participate through attendance or coordination in site inspections and investigations. Review and coordinate responses to routine requests for information from regulatory authorities. Communicate with Division President and Corporate and Region Stormwater Compliance Managers regarding regulatory agency concerns. Serve as the point of contact for responses to regulatory enforcement actions in coordination with the Office of General Counsel, the Corporate and Region Stormwater Compliance Managers, and the Division President.
- Conduct routine inspections and quality assurance audits of design, administrative and in-field practices; provide corrective action directives to Division, contractors, and consultants to ensure that the Division Stormwater Management Program requirements and objectives are met
- Assist in the Identification, development and maintenance of cost efficiency/cost effective measures relative to stormwater compliance including implementation of appropriate technology and technical storm water compliance tools, measures and BMPs
- As directed, serve as the Division NPDES voice in stormwater emergency situations
- Maintain a working knowledge and proficiency of federal, state, and local NPDES regulations and compliance requirements; maintain professional state and local certifications, as applicable
- Assist in the Implementation, preparation and review of Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans as necessary to assure compliance with the Division Stormwater Management Program
- Assist in the preparation and processing of NOIs, NOCs, NOTs, amendments and updates to permits as needed
- Provide periodic NPDES and/or related compliance familiarization and training of division personnel.
- Assist in the acquisition and selection of consultants and contractors%26rsquo; services and provide recommendations as requested
- Assist in preparation of compliance reports to division, region and corporate as may be required
- Conducts all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
- Ability to work overtime
- Ability to travel overnight