Yoh has a fantastic direct hire opportunity with our client Battelle!
Battelle delivers when others can't. We conduct research and development, manage national laboratories, design and manufacture products and deliver critical services for our clients whether they are a multi-national corporation, a small start-up or a government agency.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply. Job Summary
Battelle's Norwell Analytical Chemistry Services Laboratory (ACS) is a nationally recognized environmental chemistry laboratory that has specialized in non-routine analyses for government and industry since 1980.
We are currently seeking a LC/MS/MS PFAS Analyst Environmental Chemistry
for our Analytical Chemistry Services Laboratory. This Position is located in Norwell, Massachusetts
- Salary Range: $75-105K
- Clearance Requirement: None
- Implement analytical methodologies, acquire materials needed, perform standard preparation and validation in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Independently analyze environmental PFAS samples by LC/MS/MS, evaluate data for acceptability, and produce data packages.
- Enter data and observations into LIMS.
- Conduct and document appropriate quality control and quality assurance procedures for monitoring and evaluating the quality of analytical data, recognizing and highlighting deviations from the approved methods, standard operating procedures, and project plans.
- Perform moderately complex mathematical calculations, data analysis, and data manipulations, and prepare data for project managers, as requested.
- Operate, monitor, and perform routine maintenance on standard laboratory instruments such as LC/MS/MS.
- Prepare analytical standards.
- Preparation of dilutions of analytical extracts.
- Track project and personal progress against milestones and report deviations from plan to supervisor, including completing work on budget.
- Assist in technical planning of analytical tasks. Encouraged to make recommendations and suggestions for solving technical problems.
- Associate degree in chemistry; 10 years of chemistry laboratory work experience
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of analytical methods and troubleshooting processes.
- Knowledge of LC/MS/MS systems and operation.
- Experience in the analysis of environmental PFAS samples by LC/MS/MS.
- Experience with troubleshooting and maintaining LC and LC/MS/MS systems (Sciex preferred, but not required)
- Proficiency in Sciex Analyst® and Multiquant software platforms preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision or as part of a team
- Sole U.S. Citizen
Benefits: Live an Extraordinary Life
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry; 8 years of chemistry laboratory work experience
- HAZWOPER training
We care about your well-being, not just on the job. Battelle offers comprehensive and competitive benefits to help you live your best life.
A Work Environment Where You Succeed
- Balance life through a compressed work schedule: Most of our team follows a flexible, compressed work schedule that allows for every other Friday off giving you a dedicated day to accomplish things in your personal life without using vacation time.
- Take time to recharge: You get paid time off to support work-life balance and keep motivated.
- Prioritize wellness: Stay healthy with medical, dental, and vision coverage with wellness incentives and benefits plus a variety of optional supplemental benefits.
- Better together: Coverage for partners, gender-affirming care and health support, and family formation support.
- Build your financial future: Build financial stability with an industry-leading 401(k) retirement savings plan. For most employees, we put in 5 percent whether you contribute or not, and match your contributions on top of that.
- Advance your education: Tuition assistance is available to pursue higher education.
- Flexible work arrangements: You have options for where you work and when you work.
For brilliant minds in science, technology, engineering and business operations, Battelle is the place to do the greatest good by solving humanity's most pressing challenges and creating a safer, healthier and more secure world.
You will have the opportunity to thrive in a culture that inspires you to:
Vaccinations & Safety Protocols
- Apply your talent to challenging and meaningful projects
- Receive select funding to pursue ideas in scientific and technological discovery
- Collaborate with world-class experts in an inclusive environment
- Nurture and develop the next generation of scientific leaders
- Give back to and improve our communities
Battelle may require employees, based on job duties, work location, and/or its clients' requirements to follow certain safety protocols and to be vaccinated against a variety of viruses, bacteria, and diseases as a condition of employment and continued employment and to provide documentation that they are fully vaccinated. If applicable, Battelle will provide reasonable accommodations based on a qualified disability or medical condition through the Americans with Disabilities Act or the Rehabilitation Act or for a sincerely held religious belief under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (and related state laws).
Battelle is an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
Note: Any pay ranges displayed are estimations. Actual pay is determined by an applicant's experience, technical expertise, and other qualifications as listed in the job description. All qualified applicants are welcome to apply.
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.