Provides a pathway to Closure Consulting for people that have obtained practical field experience and technical skills. Closure Consulting includes working in various State and federal cleanup programs: Indiana's State Cleanup Program (SCP) and Voluntary Remediation Programs (VRP), similar programs in Illinois, Ohio, Michigan and other states, and Federal cleanup programs associated with RCRA, CERCLA, and TSCA. Responsible to learn the overall skills required to be a Project Manager. This includes developing costs and scopes for next steps, preparing Health and Safety Plans (HASPs) and field instructions, evaluating and contacting subcontractors, client support activities as needed by project team, working with and delegating work to internal and external resources, and training to understand AME services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Coordinate work with technical staff at request of Project Manager, Senior, or Principal
2. Budget and scope proposals under direction of Project Manager, Senior, or Principal
3. Assist and/or lead in project kick-off meetings and developing field instructions
4. Communicate with clients as requested by Project Manager, Senior, or Principal
5. Perform project support tasks such as scheduling contractors, identifying subcontractors, etc.
6. Prepare Health and Safety Plans (HASPs)
7. Perform regulatory and technical research on projects
8. Conduct research associated with project submittals
9. Assist with project descriptions and updating resumes
10. Review company webinars to understand the breadth of the work performed in the various business units at August Mack/EFS