Overview Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
(NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com.
44 miles southeast of Little Rock, Pine Bluff is the tenth-largest city in the state of Arkansas and the county seat of Jefferson County. It is the principal city of the Pine Bluff Metropolitan Statistical Area and part of the Little Rock-North Little Rock-Pine Bluff Combined Statistical Area.
The Evergreen Packaging Pine Bluff Paper Mill is located in Pine Bluff, Arkanas, less than an hour from Little Rock in scenic southeast Arkansas. It is the largest industrial employer in Jefferson County. Opened in 1958, Pine Bluff is the largest facility within Evergreen Packaging and is home to the world's largest gable-top liquid packaging paperboard machine. In addition to producing paperboard for cartons, the facility also produces coated paper for magazines.Pactiv Evergreen
is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847) 482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws.
Evergreen Packaging, a global leader in paper packaging solutions, makes paper and paperboard products designed to deliver product freshness, brand distinction and supply chain assurance. Global brands trust us to protect their products and their reputations. As a vertically integrated manufacturer, we leverage scientific expertise and Manufacturing Excellence principles to bring great products to market worldwide. Sustainability is at the heart of all we do. We are leaders in promoting responsible forestry and recycling for our packaging formats. Our team members are the cornerstone of building a sustainable business. Our trust-rich culture reflects a passionate commitment to collaboration, participation, ownership and resourcefulness.Job Description
Responsible for environmental programs and compliance for the Pine Bluff, AR and Menifee, AR facilities (Arkansas Operations). Direct and influence site leadership to assure regulatory and company compliance, achieve continuous performance improvement, and integrate EHS performance objectives into standard work processes. Develop strategies to achieve these goals in alignment with the site business goals and values. Assist all operations managers in understanding compliance measures and assist directly when needed.
- Ensure assigned Environmental permits are up adequate and properly implemented.
- Coach site operational leaders to be visible EHS advocates in areas of responsibility.
- Assessing the environmental risk of activities and advising management on impacts.
- Implement and/or drive corporate EHS strategy at the site operations level.
- Audit facilities and systems to identify improvement opportunities and provide assistance in reaching goals and objectives.
- Assist in completion of any regulatory submissions, notifications, etc. required to maintain compliance with federal, state, and local EHS requirements.
- Navigate pending and proposed regulations and position the facility to be in compliance with the least impact to the facility.
- Evaluate performance trends and provide feedback and assistance in correcting deviations.
- Interpret data and observations to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and industry guidelines and advising management accordingly.
- Lead the development and ensure delivery of company EHS policies and procedures.
- Monitoring, recording and disposal of hazardous waste generated at the facility.
- Conduct routine Environment, health and safety audits.
- Conduct annual required training, new employee training and tracking of training.
- Maintaining working knowledge of the new technologies developed by the industry and government regulators.
- Maintains accurate documentation and required records.
- Tracks effectiveness of Company safety and environmental programs and adjust appropriately.
This position will have primary responsibility for the mill's Air Compliance & Permitting programs, SARA Title III - Tier II & Form R reporting, coordination of Land Application activities as regulated by a state issued no discharge permit and management of a Class 3N facility landfill. Applicant should have demonstrated experience with:
- Title V reporting and permitting requirements
- Reviewing process and continuous monitoring data for identification of deficiencies or adverse trends in air compliance parameters
- Preparation of various compliance reports, including annual emissions inventory reports, annual certification, semi-annual & annual monitoring reports, NESHAP and NSPS reports & compliance testing reports
- Preparation & submittal of the various SARA Title III reports
- Management of a Land Application Program as authorized by a no discharge permit to include execution & reporting
- Management of a Class 3N facility landfill to include the performance of waste tracking, coordination of an annual regulatory required survey & corresponding reporting to the state.