Stryten Energy, a new company name with a long history in the Niagara Falls, NY area, manufactures proprietary and custom injection molding products serving the industrial lead battery, automotive and consumer markets. Stryten Energy is expanding battery poly manufacturing and recycling output to help solve industry-wide supply constraints.
This position will be responsible to review, evaluate, and analyze work environments and assist in the design of programs and procedures to control, eliminate, and prevent injury caused by physical, chemical, or ergonomic factors. Duties will include, but not be limited to: Assess and evaluate plant conditions for H&S compliance, conduct or manage inspections and enforce adherence to laws and regulations governing health and safety. The HS Manager develops and maintains proficiency in technical matters related to Safety and Industrial Hygiene with a focus on noise monitoring.
Successful candidates will possess the ability to work with individuals from varied backgrounds, skills, and education levels to complete projects in an efficient and organized manner. Responsibilities
- Leading the plant safety program and drive positive safety culture
- Oversee and manage Lead compliance program
- Medical monitoring program as it applies to OSHA's Lead Standard.
- Oversight for the facility-wide Housekeeping Program
- Manage employee injuries and illnesses and workers compensation program
- Perform field audits of all personal protective equipment in use in field
- Ensure completion of routine inspections of safety equipment as required. Emergency eye-washes/showers, fire extinguishers, etc.
- Work with supervision to develop and implement Job Safety Analysis for each job.
- Take regular noise level readings in plant areas as required.
- Inspect and maintain a log of all emergency response equipment and operational status.
- Assist with reports and statistical analysis of Health and Safety data for corporate review.
- Conduct ergonomic assessments and implement corrective measures to reduce ergonomic injuries
- Conduct new-hire employee safety orientation
- Assist with incident investigations, root cause analysis, and corrective action planning and execution.
- Maintain and work within department budget. Support plant financial objectives.
- Conduct mandated employee environment, health and safety training programs as required by the EHS Training Matrix, such as Hazard Communication, Lock Out/Tagout, Confined Space Entry, RCRA, Storm Water, Cranes and Hoists, Powered Industrial Trucks, and Personal Protective Equipment
- Assist in the investigation of employee complaints related to health and safety
- Provide assistance to the engineering team for new manufacturing process, construction, demolition and renovation activities.
- Review and approve sampling procedures, records, and data prior to sample submittal.
- Receive, approve and interpret Industrial Hygiene results
- Managing HS records to ensure proper access and retention of HS records is maintained
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- A Bachelor degree preferred in Industrial Hygiene, Health Science, Industrial Safety or related field. Will also consider Associates degree with 8-10 years directly related experience
- Prefer 3-5 years industrial EHS experience.
- Working knowledge of OSHA and EPA/State Regulations.
- Knowledge of proper protocol for exposure monitoring.
- Proficient with MS Office Products (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook, and Word)
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- While some work will be performed in an office setting, the majority of the time the employee will be required to be in the manufacturing facility, where additional exposure is likely (heat, humidity).
- Qualified candidates must be able to sit, stand, walk, bend, and climb with minimal effort.
- This is a full time position, and working at the plant is required.
Stryten Energy is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law. About Statement
Stryten Energy helps solve the world's most pressing energy challenges with a broad range of energy storage solutions across the Essential Power, Motive Power, Transportation, Military and Government sectors. Headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, we partner with some of the world's most recognized companies to meet the growing demand for reliable and sustainable energy storage capacity. Stryten powers everything from submarines to subcompacts, microgrids, warehouses, distribution centers, cars, trains and trucks. Our stored energy technologies include advanced lead, lithium and vanadium redox flow batteries, intelligent chargers and energy performance management software that keep people on the move and supply chains running. An industry leader backed by more than a century of expertise, Stryten has The Energy to Challenge the status quo and deliver top-performing energy solutions for today and tomorrow. Learn more at stryten.com.