Job Summary Who is Pyrotek?
Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you've never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday! Essential Duties and Responsibilities What you'll do!
- Be responsible for the coordination, implementation and sustainment of the safety, and environmental activities at assigned US operations.
- Collaborate with USA Quality, Safety, and Environmental team and the sites' product and manufacturing teams, to review new or changed manufacturing processes to confirm compliance to safety or environmental requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all related federal, state and local regulations related to safety and environmental activities.
- Assist in driving a behavior-based quality and safety culture characterized by accountability, commitment and teamwork.
You'll work Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 3:20 pm. Available to flex schedule to provide support to off shift teams. Essential Functions/Responsibilities
- Coordinate, implement and sustain the safety and environmental functions for assigned USA operational sites.
- Collaborate with USA Quality, Safety, and Environmental team and the sites' product and manufacturing teams, to revise and/or develop manufacturing processes in support of improved safety or environmental performance.
- Review and understand existing safety and environmental laws as they apply to sites, processes, and products.
- Assess process data, product data, and product requirements to identify areas for improvement in safety and environmental and recommend changes.
- Collaborate with USA Quality, Safety, and Environmental team to identify actions needed to address regulatory requirements needed and prepare permits and reports required by new or existing legislation, revised manufacturing processes, or new processes.
- Participate in or lead supplier safety and environmental audits as needed. Conduct safety and environmental audits for site operations. Conduct contractor safety and environmental audits as needed for on-site contractors.
- Lead improvement initiatives to improve site operations in areas of safety, and environmental.
- Provide timely completion and reporting of required internal reports and metrics and externally required documentation including OSHA injury documentation, OSHA annual reporting requirements, and federal, state, and local environmental reports.
- Manage documents and records within site's safety, and environmental areas to meet quality system requirements as well as any federal, state, and local requirements.
- Provide regular site training to meet the USA Safety and USA Regulatory training requirements for each supported site and provide ongoing site training as needed to assure compliance with safety and regulatory requirements and effective performance by team members in areas of safety and environmental activities.
- Promote an atmosphere of safety and environmental compliance and improvement by working with the USA Quality, Safety, and Environmental team and the site team to support a behavior-based safety and environmental culture characterized by accountability, commitment and teamwork.
- As needed, provide hazard assessment analysis and follow-up activities for new processes and to review existing processes for changes in equipment or new legal requirements.
- Where required, support site to assure successful completion of any required monitoring activities and testing activities to support and document regulatory compliance.
- As needed, interact with third party suppliers for activities supporting safety and environmental programs. Examples of this interaction may include calibration services, analytical and testing services, SDS sourcing, and corrective action requests.
- Promote and communicate Pyrotek's core values of working safely and meeting environmental regulations.
Bachelor's Degree in a related engineering discipline, preferably chemical or mechanical, plus a minimum of four (4) years' experience in safety and/or environmental regulatory activities in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
- Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact, work collaboratively and communicate with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. High ethical standards and values. Ability to evaluate the regulatory needs in an area and identify an effective, practical path to compliance. Ability to interact and address behavior deficiencies is essential. Ability to introduce change in performance is essential.
- Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar. Ability to communicate effectively with external regulatory agencies.
- Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems, including CAD software. Experience with SOLIDWORKS, a plus. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products. Ability to navigate and work within SharePoint, as well as accessing and effectively searching USA and State web sites for safety and environmental compliance information. Proficiency required in Visual (ERP) to lead resolution of improvement initiatives, site safety and environmental activities, and in support of regulatory compliance.
- Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information, including compliance to all company data protection policies. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources. Ability to use external information to identify legal requirements for safety and environmental questions. Flexibility to manage multiple demands across different product lines. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to prepare confidential reports and correspondence.
- Engineering. Ability to understand chemical reactions and mass balances. Ability to evaluate safety and environmental needs related to proposed raw material, equipment, and process changes. Ability to review and interpret technical data and develop plans for corrective action or improvement initiatives based on reviewed data and technical knowledge. Ability to create CAD drawings to support safety changes and regulatory activities. Ability to review and characterize physical properties and hazards of materials.
- Job Specific. Ability to communicate effectively with government organizations. Ability to work with existing and effectively evaluate new third-party suppliers for items related to safety and environmental, including but not limited to testing services, training services, equipment acquisition and services. Demonstrated track record of performing legally and ethically in a regulatory environment.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by a team member to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone. Must be able to travel within the USA as needed to support multiple sites.Working Environment
Generally, work in an office environment; however, position will require entry into operations/manufacturing areas for site inspections, site evaluations testing, sample gathering, and process/product changes where PPE may be required.
Applicant Privacy Notice
Apply Here Pyrotek benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision after 31 days
- Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
- 401(k) with generous match
- Profit Sharing
- Supplemental Benefits
For a full summary of Pyrotek's benefit offerings, please click HERE.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice