Research Scientist Structural Biologist Primary Duties
: Yoh has a Long-Term Opportunity for a Research Scientist Structural Biologist needed with Yoh Scientific's client located in Cambridge, MA. This position is in the Computational Antigen Design group of a major pharmaceutical company, and requires a PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Cellular Biology, Structural Biology, or a closely related discipline. Schedule is full-time M-F (7am-8am start time, 8-hour shift) and may require flexibility to work some evenings and overtime due to projects. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Preparing negative staining EM samples and performing data collection and data analysis using cryoSparc or equivalent
- Participating in the cryo-EM sample preparation & optimization, grid screening and data collection using cryogenic electron microscope (Glacios and Krios)
- Performing cryo-EM data processing and model building. The work might further extend to X-ray crystallography if needed.
- The work involves the interpretation of biochemical results of antigen-antibody complexes (ELISA, SPR, BLI etc)
- The work also involves the data analysis for protein quality (SEC, DSF, DSC etc)
- Generating in-silico structural model using Alphafold or other protein modeling algorithms
- The candidate is expected to have a solution-focused, team-oriented mindset and will interact closely with other investigators in research and development of novel vaccine candidates
- This is a hands-on, laboratory-based role in a highly collaborative research environment
- Role will require planning, designing, executing, interpreting, and presenting data in an effective and scientific manner
- Participating in scientific discussions focusing on current technology of structural biology
- Maintaining detailed records and communicating progress and challenges, as necessary
- Performing timely electronic laboratory notebook entries, review and submission for completed experiments.
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Cellular Biology, Structural Biology, or closely related discipline
- A background in structural biology is required
- Experience with cryo-EM sample preparation and grid clipping is required
- Experience with cryo-EM data processing and model building is required
- Deep knowledge and hands on experience with the biochemical and biophysical tools (SPR, BLI, DSF, SEC etc.)
- Ability to independently design, plan and execute scientific studies, including operation and maintenance of relevant instruments and troubleshooting are required
- Advanced skill in structural viewing program such as Pymol is required
- Familiarity with viral fusion protein and antibody biology is preferred
- Strong interpersonal, communication, collaboration and problem-solving skills are needed
Note: Any pay ranges displayed are estimations. Actual pay is determined by an applicant's experience, technical expertise, and other qualifications as listed in the job description. All qualified applicants are welcome to apply.
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.