Company DescriptionAt AECOM, we're delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We're one global team - 47,000 strong - driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.Job DescriptionAECOM
is actively seeking an experienced Environmental Engineer / Geologist / Scientist in our Orange or Long Beach CA office to support Project Managers in planning, project or task management and supervision of complex field tasks, including site investigations, drilling oversight, soil and groundwater sample collection, and related work. The candidate will also provide office support for project management, regulatory compliance, data management and technical evaluation, and report preparation for a wide range of multidisciplinary environmental investigation and remediation projects.
This position is intended to prepare you for a Project Manager or Technical Lead position; therefore, the ideal candidate must be able to work independently and productively in a collaborative team-environment, foster team building through inclusion and mentorship, display a high level of organization and communication, and demonstrate a strong desire to learn from Project Managers. For the right candidate, this position holds significant growth potential.
Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Project Management tasks including developing scopes of work, budgets, and schedules and tracking costs.
- Data management, evaluation and report writing including drafting environmental investigation work plans and reports and drafting health and safety plans.
- Preparing cost estimates for field investigation work and for reporting tasks.
- Coordinating with AECOM Procurement staff to set up purchase orders for subcontractors.
- Field-based task management and oversight of environmental investigation and remediation programs.
- Health and safety stewardship, including local field visits.
- Coordinating work schedules with AECOM staff and subcontractors
- Qualified candidates must be comfortable with periodic travel throughout the area.
- Flexibility to work on a multitude of diverse projects, a positive attitude, willingness to mentor junior staff, and commitment to workplace health and safety are imperative.
This position requires both office and field work; the successful candidate should expect up to 40% commitment overseeing field work and mentoring junior staff.QualificationsMinimum Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Geology, Environmental Sciences, Soil Science, or closely related field.
- 4+ years of relevant experience and/or equivalent of experience and/or education.
- California Driver's License in good standing.
- Candidates must be a U.S. Citizen
Additional InformationAdditional Information
- 8+ years of environmental consulting experience.
- California Professional Engineer or Professional Geologist license.
- Task management and/or project management experience.
- Experience developing scopes of work, budgets, and schedules.
- Experience communicating and coordinating with subcontractors and vendors.
- Experience coordinating field work with staff and subcontractors.
- Data evaluation, interpretation, and reporting experience.
- Experience preparing draft work plans and reports for environmental investigations.
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training and annual updates.
- Experience with AutoCAD.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Multi-tasker and problem-solver.
- Attention to detail and desire to complete quality work products.
- Proficient in map reading.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may be subject to a pre-employment Motor Vehicle Record Screening.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- Offered rate of compensation (CA) will be based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. The salary range for this position is $70,222.96-129,912.47.
AECOM is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our employees. Depending on your employment status, AECOM benefits may include medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D and disability benefits, paid time off, leaves of absence, voluntary benefits, perks, wellness and global well-being, and global EAP, Business Travel and Service Awards programs.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there's never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you'll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm - access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We're the world's trusted global infrastructure firm, and we're in this together - your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Join us and let's get started.ReqID:
DCSStrategic Business Unit: