You Matter to Cambrex.
Cambrex is a leading global contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) that provides drug substance, drug product, and analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. With more than 40 years of experience and a growing team of over 2,400 professionals servicing global clients, Cambrex is a trusted partner in branded and generic markets for API and dosage form development and manufacturing.
Your Work Matters.
At Cambrex, we strive to build a culture where all colleagues have the opportunity to:
- engage in work that matters to our customers and the patients they serve
- learn new skills and enjoy new experiences in an engaging and safe environment
- strengthen connections with coworkers and the community
We're committed to attracting and nurturing a passionate team of valued professionals in our fast-paced and growing company. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, Life, LTD, retirement savings and more!
Your Future Matters.
Known for our customer-focused scientific and manufacturing excellence, as well as our strong commitment to quality and safety, we offer a range of career and growth opportunities across our global network of locations. Together with our customers, we aim to improve the quality of life for patients around the world. Start a career where You Matter by applying today!
Microbiology Analysts of all experience levels are encouraged to apply. The Agawam site is the microbiology center of excellence for the Cambrex organization. Microbiology Analysts are responsible for a variety of daily Microbiology laboratory operations to meet established testing requirements and turnaround time commitments to our medical device, pharmaceutical and biotechnology customers .
- Apply a variety of microbiological techniques to testing as assigned; including but not limited to pour-plating, membrane filtration, dilutions, basic staining, growth promotion testing, plate enumeration, and morphological assessment
- Perform testing per written instruction on a variety of internal and client sample types for a variety of tests (i.e.: Bioburden, Sterility, Endotoxin, Mycoplasma, Cytotoxicity, Antibiotic Assays, Microbial Identification via MALDI-TOF or genetic analysis, etc.)
- Experienced analysts provide expertise in the design of custom microbiological studies
- Execute method validation / suitability studies on a variety of tests and/or samples.
- Adequately document all lab testing performed to GDP standards
- Adhere to cGMP rules and regulations as well as applicable written Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and technical guidance documents as they apply to the site.
- Experienced analysts draft protocols, test methods, reports, SOPs and other technical documents
- Communicate and interact appropriately and effectively will clients
- Assist the quality department with investigations and audits
- Experienced analysts stay abreast of industry trends and current technology, design and implement process improvements, recommend strategic investments in equipment, and train other analysts to current standards
- Maintain an orderly and safe working environment
- Familiarity in USP/EP/JP and AAMI/ISO guidelines
- Well-developed aseptic techniques
- Strong attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Effective communication skills
- Work efficiently to maintain timelines for projects and testing
- Work as part of a team
- Willingness to learn new tests and skills
Education, Experience & Licensing Requirements
- Associate's degree in a life science or related field with 3+ years of laboratory (industry) experience (or equivalent); or, Bachelor's Degree in a life science or related field with 1+ years laboratory (industry) experience; or, Master's degree in a life science or related field
Cambrex is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.