Join us in creating a sustainable future and becoming a protector of tomorrow!Position Description:
The Environmental Engineer/Scientist would be a member of the Environmental Testing Group responsible for the oversight of a variety of high-level air emissions monitoring and source testing programs for Waste to Energy (WTE) facilities. The programs are critical to ongoing sustainability projects and permitting of Covanta facilities. Key responsibilities are:
Who is our Ideal Candidate:Position Requirements:
- Lead the planning, execution, oversight and evaluation of air source testing conducted by 3rd party independent contractors at WTE facilities together with facility operations and environmental staff.
- Conduct and manage pretest site review including group discussion with facility, Regional and Corporate personnel in preparation for required source test programs.
- Support the review of source test reports for completeness, adherence to EPA procedures, and accuracy.
- Assist in the developing, implementing and updating testing program schedule.
- Assist in the development of bid requests, task orders and purchase orders with respective facility, testing contractors and corporate staff.
- Review and analyze source testing results with facility and corporate teams to develop opportunities for improvement and trends.
You will bring 5 years of progressively responsible experience and specific knowledge and experience with U.S. EPA test methods, test programs, associated reports, application of continuous emission data to testing, facility operations and APC equipment. Additionally, you possess proven capability in communicating with diverse levels of facility and regulatory personnel and others as required to achieve a common goal.Minimum Education
: Minimum Bachelor of Science in relevant engineering (chemical, mechanical, environmental) or science (biology, chemistry, environmental science). Additional 5+ of directly relevant environmental source testing experience will be considered in lieu of degree.Experience:
5 years of experience as an environmental professional. Experience and/or interest in a position with wide range of accountability through source testing programs related to full scale operating facilities. Experience gained in the following areas / topics is considered directly applicable:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience managing facility source testing, testing contractors and development source test plans
- Demonstrated experience dealing with federal and state agencies
- Time management skills are essential to provide effective oversight of the source testing programs
- Knowledge of air monitoring regulatory requirements, equipment, and sampling procedures
- Knowledge of combustion and air pollution control technology
- Software systems used for environmental and operational data management
- Ability to communicate complex and diverse technical information to a variety of audiences
- Experience with data analysis, root cause analysis, and Lean / Continuous Improvement environments a plus
• Excellent organizational and time management skills to facilitate working on multiple projects at the same time
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, Teams, SharePoint
• Strong verbal and written communication skills including technical documentation
• Attitude of ownership, ability to self-start, work on their own, ability to also work as a team member working to a common goal, and carry work through to completionOther Requirements:
This is a high-visibility role with at least 50% travel expected.
Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at ). Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Location: Morristown, NJ, USA
- Type: Full time