Takeda's Oncology Drug Discovery Unit is looking for a lab-based scientist to join a collaborative and dynamic team. Contribute to pre-clinical projects by developing well-defined mechanistic experiments and projects within oncology research. You should have a foundation in cancer biology and proved molecular biology skills in oncology drug discoveries. You will collaborate and demonstrate effective communication and documentation of results with important partners.How you will contribute:
- Contribute to pre-clinical projects by developing well-defined mechanistic experiments and projects.
- Independently design and execute functional in vitro assays to understand the mechanism of action.
- Analysis, interpretation, and presentation of data to important partners, and play an active role in the subsequent scientific discussions leading to important decisions and program-ensuring next steps
- Initiate investigation of new experimental approaches to specific problems using scientific theories, data from internal/external partners, and technical literature
- Propose novel projects based on internal/external results and published reports.
- Help with external collaborations/CROs and establish new protocols
What Takeda can offer you:
- PhD degree in a scientific discipline, or MS with 4+ years experience, or BS with 6+ years experience
- Experience leveraging molecular/genetic tools for studying chromosomal/genome instability
- Experience with data analysis software
- Ability to carry out data acquisition, analysis, and storage
- Demonstrate scientific leadership from the lab within project teams.
More about us:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Absent an approved religious or medical reason, all US field-based employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, as a condition of employment.
Base Salary Range: $ 102,200 to $ 146,000. Employees may also be eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience EEO Statement
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law. Locations
Boston, MAWorker Type