HELIX Environmental Planning, Inc
Do you want to work at a company where the employee-owners genuinely care about each other and foster a collaborative environment?
Do you want to work on some of the most exciting and important projects in the region?
Are you looking for an opportunity to continue to grow your CEQA/NEPA project management skills as part of an exceptional team?Then we are looking for you!
HELIX Environmental Planning, Inc. (HELIX)
, a California-based environmental consulting and planning firm, is seeking an Environmental Project Manager for one of our northern California offices, located in Folsom. This role offers fantastic opportunities for growth and the ability to work on diverse projects - the sky is the limit!
You'll have the opportunity to prepare CEQA/NEPA compliance and related environmental documents for a wide range of projects including renewable energy/utilities and water/wastewater facilities, planned communities, residential and mixed-use projects, commercial/industrial development, infrastructure improvement, parks and recreation, agricultural and cannabis cultivation operations, educational facilities, transportation, and military facilities.Why work at HELIX?
HELIX also offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Employee-owned since 2004
- Offers a hybrid work schedule with flexibility of working in-office and remotely
- Invested in professional growth and employee development and training
- Recognized for our workplace practices, employee wellness programs, and community contributions
- Named as one of the 2021 Best Firms to Work For by ZweigGroup
- Robust Health Coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision) for employee and dependents
- Life/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Accrual of Paid Personal Time Off
- Bonus Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan participation
- 401K participation with employer contributions
The Environmental Project Manager will be responsible for managing the preparation and processing of CEQA/NEPA compliance documents and related technical studies, as well as assisting other Project Managers with their projects. Duties include document preparation; coordination with other environmental planning staff, in-house technical specialists, and subconsultants; as well as interaction with clients and reviewing agencies. Proposal preparation and business development are also required, and the ideal candidate must possess the necessary experience and interest for these activities. They also must have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong, collaborative relationships among team members, staff, clients, and agencies.
Please note that this is not a laboratory, environmental testing/field compliance, or hazardous materials studies/management position.
Please submit a cover letter in addition to your resume.
Pay will be based on qualifications and/or experience, with a robust benefits package. Expected starting pay range of $74,000 to $104,000 annually.
HELIX is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and an inclusive work environment. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of gender, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or veteran status. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs.
#projectmanager #environmentalplanning #environmentalconsulting #environmental #CEQA #NEPA
Requirements:Minimum Requirements for Environmental Project Manager:
Additional skills considered a plus
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in environmental studies, environmental science, geography, natural science, environmental engineering, public planning, or a related field.
- Minimum five years of experience in the preparation of CEQA and/or NEPA compliance documents, including at least one year of experience in the preparation of proposals and management of CEQA and/or NEPA compliance projects.
- Experience with California environmental and regulatory setting, obtained through directly related work experience within that setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Master's or PhD degree (or equivalent) in environmental studies, environmental science, geography, natural science, environmental engineering, public planning, business, or a related field.
- Experience in leading proposals and business pursuits and marketing of environmental consulting services.
- Extensive work experience within Central and Northern California.
- Existing client relationships.