At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We're looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.Responsibilities:
Lilly Research Laboratories (LRL) Environmental Representative is responsible for leading the environmental efforts and ensuring environmental compliance for LRL operations and business units in Indianapolis. The goal of this role is to provide technical environmental leadership to ensure environmental compliance and provide for operational efficiencies in the development, implementation, and maintenance of LRL environmental programs and processes. This position will be directly supporting Lilly Research Labs, primarily the biology and discovery chemistry laboratories at the Lilly Corporate Center (LCC). Key Objectives/Deliverables:
- Conduct environmental program assessments and develop technical and administrative solutions to improve compliance posture.
- Develop, track, and trend key compliance metrics and communicate environmental performance to business personnel and area management.
- Submit quarterly and annual Credit 360 corporate environmental reports.
- Provide technical support at the business unit level for the following types of business plan activities: Air Pollution Control programs and Title V compliance, characterization of LRL waste streams, environmental review and input for capital projects, event analysis and investigation support, evaluation of environmental impacts associated with change management process, waste stream profile reviews/approvals, manifest signing and tracking, HMR/DOT requirements, Green Chemistry and Chemicals of Concern.
- Take lead role in developing/identifying key environmental risks/aspects critical to the LRL environmental profile.
- Coordinate and participate in corporate and regulatory compliance audits and inspections, interact with regulators, auditors, and customers during assessments, lead efforts to address gaps from these audits/inspections.
- Participate in environmental business planning and support local HSE management systems including participation in governance committees and LRL technical teams.
- Develop expertise with key assigned environmental programs and become the program subject matter expert for LRL. This support includes management of key environmental procedures, programs, and associated training.
- Participation in HSE Due Diligence site evaluations and 3rd party assessments.
- Bachelor's Degree in environmental science / engineering (or other scientific field) or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in pharmaceutical R&D or manufacturing
- Minimum 2 years previous environmental compliance experience in pharmaceutical or chemical manufacturing industry.
- Deep technical expertise in all applicable environmental regulations (e.g. SARA, RCRA, CWA, CAA, HMR/DOT, IATA).
- Excellent communication skills (written, interpersonal, oral, and presentation).
- Strong organizational skills and leadership ability.
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated ability to think and act strategically.
- Ability to execute plans and drive results.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks and to meet target dates.
- Solid computer application skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Notes, SharePoint, Power BI, Power Apps, databases, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and within a group setting.
- 10-15% travel
- Location: Indianapolis, IN
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively "Lilly") are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women's Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.