At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We're looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.Company Overview:
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We're looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world. #WeAreLillyResponsibilities
Lilly is passionate about the discovery, development and commercialization of potential new medicines that will impact and improve the lives of patients. Our Neuroscience Next Generation Therapeutics team is an innovation-focused organization striving to identify, develop and apply the most cutting-edge technologies to deliver maximum benefit to our patients. Are you looking to be part of a growing, driven team where you will help to progress new therapeutic approaches toward clinical development and commercialization? Oligonucleotide-based therapies and other novel modalities represent an existing avenue of research toward development of the next generation of therapies.
The Next Generation Therapeutics group is a newly formed team with a focus on using novel therapeutic modalities to deliver medicines for chronic pain and neurodegenerative disorders. The group, based at our Cambridge Innovation Center in Kendall square, will work with internal and external partners to identify, and deliver new novel therapies into patients at speed. The team is seeking experienced and inspiring scientists to join our fast-paced, interdisciplinary team as we leverage innovative RNA/oligonucleotide/gene and genomic based therapeutics to enhance our portfolio.Key Objectives/Deliverables:
- Work with project team leads to design and plan in vivo experiments to support the preclinical characterization and evaluation of novel therapeutic molecules.
- Perform small animal stereotaxic surgeries including but not limited to intracerebral and intracerebroventricular injections in rodents.
- Perform CNS tissue dissection, trimming and processing, collect bodily fluids (blood, cerebrospinal fluid).
- Support technology development for improving the delivery of novel therapeutics to regions of interest in the central nervous system.
- BS or MS degree in neuroscience or related fields preferred.
- Experience in developing and working with neuroscience-relevant in vivo models and assays to support drug discovery programs.
- Hands-on competencies in designing and executing in vivo pharmacological experiments across neuroscience indications.
- Extensive knowledge of drug delivery in key CNS regions in animal model is preferred.
- Strong expertise in CSF/plasma collection and CNS tissue dissection and processing.
- Extensive knowledge of brain and spinal cord anatomy.
- Able to work independently as well as within a flexible team-oriented environment.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral and demonstrated efficiency in collaborating across functional boundaries.
- Strong operational skills including exceptional organizational skills and performing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience in RNAi/gene therapy discovery is preferred but not required.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively "Lilly") are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women's Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.