The Associate Director, Ecosystem Enablement (Clinical Study Management) sits within the Clinical Development Operations (CDO) organization and will provide strategic support across the Clinical Trial Management Ecosystem. This role will help develop the vision to continuously enhance the existing ecosystem, driving cross-functional alignment with R&D business functions and with Business Technology Solutions (BTS). Requires frequent interaction with Sr. Leadership and cross-functional management to influence key decisions that impact AbbVie's ecosystem within and across each major clinical trial phase.
- Drives ecosystem strategy, creating CDO Sr. Leadership and BTS alignment to ensure appropriate support is provided to the business conducting clinical trials.
- Establish key SME relationships and networks within CDO functions to collect technology needs input from the clinical teams
- Provide leadership into all ecosystem project deliverables, including strategic decision-making, stakeholder management, release schedule, prioritization of development, budget preparation, change management and communication. Ensure on-time and within budget implementation.
- Institute an impact assessment to measure the effectiveness of current and newly implemented technology
- Create and maintain an Ecosystem Roadmap, conducting a yearly review of all systems and determining opportunities for new system support, current system improvements and/or decommissioning
- Meet regularly with other CTME to discuss cross phase systems, latest developments, etc. Leading innovation activities in collaboration with key stakeholders, anticipating emerging technology needs, identifying these solutions and adjust/revise strategy and action plans accordingly.
- Project manage technical implementation initiatives, enhancements and/or deliverables identified in support of transforming business processes including rollouts of cross-functional systems future system releases/enhancements
- Support the business in translating business processes into system requirements
- Align with our Business Insights and Vision teams for dashboarding/reporting solutions or alternative options
- Represent CDO in regional forums and on cross-functional teams related to shared technologies across AbbVie.
- Attend technological conferences to keep up to date with the latest developments and how these could be relevant and leveraged at AbbVie
- Maintain knowledge of current ecosystem with a focus on driving for excellence ensuring alignment to existing business processes.
Supports the Associate Director of CTME, filling in as needed, for key planning discussions across R&D. People manager of full-time HC, contractors and/or consultants.
- Bachelor's Degree in a scientific or business field preferred.
- 6 years of experience in pharmaceutical with knowledge of clinical trials, clinical trials process and technology, healthcare, or regulated industry with experience in project management or business technology support.
- Project management experience working in a complex and matrix environment. Experience using clinical trial systems preferred.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate analytical and technical concepts in layman's terms
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills. Demonstrated history of successful execution in a fast-paced environment and in managing multiple priorities effectively
- Demonstrated ability to influence Sr. Executives and cross-functional leaders
- Good understanding of clinical development functional areas and related processes. Proven track-record with leading complex cross-functional initiatives in Clinical Development
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie's policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person's relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.