Avidity Biosciences is pioneering a new class of oligonucleotide-based therapies called AOCs designed to overcome the current limitations of oligonucleotide therapies in order to treat a wide range of serious diseases. We utilize our proprietary AOC platform to design, engineer and develop therapeutics that combine the tissue selectivity of monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) and the precision of oligonucleotide-based therapies in order to access previously undruggable tissue and cell types and more effectively target underlying genetic drivers of diseases. We are passionate about the impact of every employee in bringing these potentially transformative therapeutics to patients in need. Make a difference with us. More information about Avidity Biosciences can be found on our website: www.aviditybiosciences.com
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate/Sr.RA to join our Biology team and contribute to the development of our cardiac therapeutics pipeline. The position requires daily lab work, analyzing data and meeting with key stakeholders to present results, with the goal of contributing high-quality data for pre-clinical drug development. The ideal candidate will be proficient in cellular and molecular biology techniques, precise documentation, demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication, and be a strong team player.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and perform experiments, analyze data, and interpret and report results
- Develop and optimize biochemical, molecular, and cellular biology methods as needed
- Collaborate and communicate with other team members and across departments
- Keep detailed and accurate records, present data in verbal as well as written form
- Work with supervisor to prioritize work
- Provide training to new laboratory staff
- Perform other duties as required
- B.S./M.S. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biology or related disciplines, new college graduate or 1-2 years of experience in related industry
- Prior hands-on lab experience with the following techniques: cell culture, RNA isolation, RT-qPCR or digital PCR, Western blot analysis
- Working familiarity with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), GraphPad Prism and Electronic Lab Notebooks
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with little to no supervision, work well in teams, and ability to adapt in a fast-changing environment with a diverse team of coworkers.
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and organizational skills
- High attention to detail in research, reliable, organized, excellent record keeping
- Effective data presentation and verbal communication skills as well as clear written communication
- Integrity, enthusiasm, willingness to learn and strong interpersonal skills are expected.
To perform this role successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The preferred requirements listed below are representative of the skills, knowledge, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Salary range: $65,000 - $95,000 Salary commensurate with experience