The Bioinformatics and Computational Biology group at Life Edit supports and interacts with all areas of the company. We are looking for a motivated scientist with a background in genomics and sequencing technology to help design and analyze large datasets related to gene editing experiments. We are seeking curious, enthusiastic, competent, and self-motivated individuals with strong emotional intelligence to work in our company. A willingness to embrace our cultural values will be critical for success in this role. This is an exciting opportunity to help build a successful therapeutics company from an early stage. Life Edit Therapeutics Inc. is a dynamic, high-growth, and intellectually challenging workplace with projects that span discovery and development of novel gene editing tools to therapeutic applications for clinical indications. Here's What You'll Do:
- Design and analyze large library screens for CRISPR editing events
- Analysis and machine learning model development for LETI products
- Develop on and off target prediction models for various several CRISPR-based editing modalities, including nuclease activity, base editing, and prime editing.
- Collaborate closely with scientists to analyze multifactor editing data.
Why join Life Edit and the ElevateBio ecosystem?
- PhD in computational or quantitative science, genetics, or a related field with significant exposure to next-generation sequencing and bioinformatic analysis with 3+ years of experience.
- Experience writing NGS analysis pipelines
- Experience developing ML models for analysis of CRISPR editing
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot independently.
- Experience with CRISPR editing, base editing, or prime editing is preferred.
- Familiarity with python, AWS, SQL, and working in a Unix environment.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Benchling, Tableau, or nextflow experience is a plus.
Life Edit Therapeutics is an integrated subsidiary of ElevateBio, a technology-driven cell and gene therapy company that is accelerating access to the cutting-edge technologies and expertise that can change the future of medicine. Our integrated model combines multiple R&D technology platforms - including Life Edit gene editing - and cGMP manufacturing to power the discovery and development of advanced therapeutics.Our ecosystem is designed to enhance speed, delivery, and probability of success to change patient lives.
Life Edit is an integral part of ElevateBio's ecosystem of platform technologies and is pioneering focused next-generation gene editing technologies and therapeutics. Located in Durham, NC, members of Life Edit work closely with the ElevateBio Research and Development and BaseCamp manufacturing teams in Waltham, MA. Life Edit is advancing therapeutic programs in collaboration with industry partners while building its own internal pipeline of gene editing therapies. We are looking for a unique individual who can continue to lead the cultural development of Life Edit and build on its momentum as an integral part of the ElevateBio ecosystem. Our Mission:
To power the creation of life-transforming cell and gene therapies, at a speed the world deserves. Our Vision:
We seek to be the world's most indispensable cell and gene therapy technology company, redefining how companies operate, how products are created and how disease is treated.
ElevateBio is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. ElevateBio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.