You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
The position will report to the Director of Ocean Marine, Risk Engineering Organization, and be a fully dedicated resource to our ocean marine business division. Primary responsibilities will include completion of onsite and virtual risk assessments and service for our larger and/or more complex assureds, as well as to provide ongoing technical guidance and support to our ocean marine underwriting team.
This position is 100% remote with location preference in the greater Houston/Gulf Coast or Southern California regions.
Specific responsibilities include: Responsibilities:
- Provides ongoing technical guidance and support for Ocean Marine coverages including ocean cargo, marine liabilities, hull and P&I
- Completes onsite and virtual risk assessments and service for our larger and/or more complex assureds in a quality and timely fashion
- Carries out loss analysis on account claims in order to advise Ocean Marine underwriting on opportunities for account risk improvement
- Provides technical assistance and training to the field consultants in support of Ocean Marine underwriting and the field
- Stays current on industry news and developments (conferences, seminars, resource materials and peer interaction) in order to act as a resource to Ocean Marine underwriting on technical issues that could impact covered exposures
- Regularly communicates and collaborates with Ocean Marine underwriting to maintain a strong and credible relationship
- Acts in a business consultative role to our internal and external business partners
- Assists with the development or revision of content and resource materials as needed
- Takes ownership of and executes on special projects as assigned
- Undergraduate degree from a Maritime Academy preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience delivering Ocean Marine risk management expertise in marine insurance, marine surveying, marine safety, the USCG or a combination thereof is required
- Wide breadth of technical knowledge across Marine General Liability, Hull and P&I and Marine Cargo lines of business preferred.
- Certification/Designation of Certified Marine Surveyor or similar recognized credential preferred, but not required
- Ocean Marine loss/claim investigation/handling experience preferred
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated success in developing and maintaining solid relationships with all internal and external business partners
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Able and willing to travel both regionally and nationwide in order to carry out surveys and account visits. This position is 50%-60% regional and monthly overnight travel
- Motivated self-starter. Works independently with minimal oversight
- Must be proficient in using Microsoft Office tools including Excel, PowerPoint and Word as well as MS Teams
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartford's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The annualized base pay range for this role is:
$127,120 - $190,680
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
About Us | Culture & Employee Insights | Diversity, Equity and Inclusion | Benefits
Exec Tech Cons Risk Eng - KR07FESummary
- Location: Houston, TX; Los Angeles, CA
- Type: Full time