Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those arent words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. Youll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us.
When you join BMS, you are joining a diverse, high-achieving team united by a common mission.
The Tumor Microenvironment Thematic Research Center (TME TRC) is focused on developing therapeutic targets at the intersection of tumor, stromal and immune biology within the TME with the goal of enhancing responsiveness to checkpoint blockade and targeted therapies and transforming response and durability rates for cancer patients. Comprising of scientists across multiple disciplines we are responsible for the biology and translational science necessary to support drug development from target identification through to first in human studies.Position Summary:
The Lymphoid Biology group is seeking a highly motivated scientist to join the Immuno-Oncology Discovery Biology group and aide in the advancement of therapeutic targets in drug discovery and early development. The candidate will design and execute studies to identify targets, validate the biology, characterize drug candidates (large and small), and explore combinatorial therapeutic strategies. The candidate will be expected to effectively collaborate with colleagues across functional groups and have excellent communication skills. Strong technical skills with a background in immunology is desired.Position Responsibilities:
In the role as a Scientist within the TME TRC Lymphoid Biology team, the ideal candidate will:
- Design and execute experimental plans that support project progression across non-clinical and clinical milestones
- Conceptualize, design, and perform novel functional assays that contribute to target validation, drug lead selection, or mechanism of action
- Present experiments and results at project team meetings, group meetings, and company meetings
- Advance group capabilities and know-how by identifying and implementing novel technologies
- Provide scientific guidance to junior team members
- Bachelors Degree
- 5+ years of academic and / or industry experience
- Masters Degree
- 3+ years of academic and / or industry experience
- Ph.D. or equivalent advanced degree in the Life Sciences
- MS with 5+ years of industry experience or BS with 7+ years of industry experience
- Industry experience in drug discovery or translational research is a plus
- Expertise in cellular and molecular immunology and functional assay development
- Experience in isolation, characterization and functional assay development using primary cells of rodent and/or human origin is required.
- Experience with high throughput functional screening in vitro assays is plus
- Able to interpret and summarize scientific data in a clear and concise manner
- Understanding of, and experience in assay development related to lymphoid cells and the tumor microenvironment a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a dynamic and innovative research environment
- Detail-oriented, with excellent organizational, and record-keeping skills
The starting compensation for this job is a range from $97,000.00 $135,300.00, plus incentive cash and stock opportunities (based on eligibility).
The starting pay takes into account characteristics of the job, such as required skills and where the job is performed. Final, individual compensation is decided based on demonstrated experience.
For more on benefits, please visit our BMS Careers site.
Eligibility for specific benefits listed in our careers site may vary based on the job and location.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesnt perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career. Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as Transforming patients lives through science , every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.On-site Protocol
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS cares about your well-being and the well-being of our staff, customers, patients, and communities. As a result, the Company strongly recommends that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and keep up to date with Covid-19 boosters.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.