At Avidity Biosciences, we are passionate about the impact of every employee in bringing potentially life-changing therapeutics to patients in need. Avidity is pioneering a new class of oligonucleotide-based therapies called AOCs designed to overcome the current limitations of oligonucleotide therapies to treat a wide range of serious diseases. We utilize our proprietary AOC platform to design, engineer and develop transformative therapeutics that combine the tissue selectivity of monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) and the precision of oligonucleotide-based therapies to access previously undruggable tissue and cell types and more effectively target underlying genetic drivers of diseases. If you are a committed, solution-oriented thinker, come make a difference with us.
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate/Senior RA to join our Biology team and contribute to platform development. The position requires daily lab work, analyzing data and meeting with key stakeholders to present results, with the goal of contributing high-quality data to enable decision making. The ideal candidate will be proficient in cellular and molecular biology techniques, precise documentation, demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication, and be a strong team player.
- Design and perform experiments, analyze data, interpret and report results
- Develop and optimize biochemical, molecular, and cellular biology methods as needed
- Experimental work will comprise: mammalian cell culture, transfections, RNA extractions from cells and tissues, gene and protein expression analysis, perform screens and cell based assays in high-throughput format, develop and optimize assays.
- Collaborate and communicate with team members and across departments
- Work with supervisor to prioritize work
- Keep detailed and accurate records in an electronic lab notebook
- Provide training to new laboratory staff
- A B.S./B.A./M.S. degree in biological sciences, 2-4 years of relevant lab experience is desirable, preferably in an industry setting
- Proficient with mammalian cell culture (maintaining cell lines, banking, transfections) under strict aseptic techniques and working with multi-well formats.
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Proficient in RNA isolation from cells and tissues, quantitative real-time PCR, ddPCR and Western Blot/Jess.
- Proficient computer and data analysis skills, specifically with Microsoft Office Suite and GraphPad Prism
- Proven ability to conduct self-directed research, and to work effectively in a dynamic matrix environment with a diverse team of co-workers
- Comfortable working on different projects simultaneously
Salary Range: $65,000 - $95,000