At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Job DescriptionThe purpose of this position is to manage the Health, Safety, & Environmental (HSE) function to create and sustain a productive work culture and safe work environment in order to avoid and minimize HSE related problems. These problems include but are not limited to prevention of human injury, environmental degradation and unsafe working conditions/practices. This is done through health, safety and environmental training, programs, and processes with a visible and uncompromised commitment to the protection of the environment as well as the productivity of the Company's employees.
• Manage lower level professionals on HSE activities on large-scale Total Installed Cost (TIC) projects; duties may include the calculation and control of HSE budgets, staffing requirements and schedules; preparation of certification/classification programs and the preparation of the supporting HSE documents; design or direct studies to obtain technical environmental information about planned projects, coordination and execution of Safety Cases (SC) and support studies; Quantitative Risk Assessments (QRA); Process Hazard Analyses (PHA); Fire Protection Specifications (FPS) and Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) as required by certification or regulatory entities
• Manage, train and supervise HSE employees, inspectors, nurses, medics, and other employees working in the HSE department on a project through an expert knowledge of the Company's HSE standards, programs and goals
• Provide guidance, assistance and advice to business lines, project management, and Company organizations through interpretation of Company HSE practices and procedures in relation to client requirements and current legislation and regulations
• Make decisions on engineering/scientific problems and methods relating to HSE using advanced techniques, modifications and extensions of theories, precepts and practices of the particular field, related sciences and disciplines
• Provide input for HSE permit preparation on projects by maintaining expert knowledge of current guidelines and regulations
• Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• Other duties as assignedNotice to Candidates:Background checks are carried out as part of any conditional offer made, including (but not limited to & role dependant) education, professional registration, employment, references, passport verifications and Global Watchlist screening.To be Considered Candidates:Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.Basic Job Requirements• Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in engineering field of study and ten (10) years of work-related experience; a recognized professional certification or registration in the applicable field, if required; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective mannerOther Job Requirements• Continue education and knowledge of industry-wide HSE-related information and technologies as well as new regulations and trends through continuing education, conferences, and/or periodicals, and continues to develop in-depth specialization
• Serve as a Company representative to external HSE organizationsPreferred Qualifications• Advanced computer and software skills to include the use of word processing and email as well as the advanced use of spreadsheets and electronic presentations
• Skill demonstrating the capability to run a medium to large project
• Proven ability with leadership skills including mediation skills
• Demonstrated high critical thinking/reasoning ability
• Effective presentation skills including public speaking
• Expert organizational skills
• A valid driver's license, if requiredSalary Range111,500 to 200,500 BenefitsFluor is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to promote employee health, wellness, and financial security. Our offerings include medical, dental and vision plans, EAP, disability coverage, life insurance, AD&D, voluntary benefit plans, 401(k) with a company match, and training and development courses.Requisition Number138221BRDiverse Workforce
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
- City (or Nearest City): GREENVILLE
- State/Province: South Carolina
- Country/Region: United States