Senior Environmental Planner
San Diego, Los Angeles, Irvine, CA or CA Remote
We are the Environment & Planning Division of ICF. We are passionate about doing what's right for our clients, our people, the communities where we live and work, and the environment. We are planners, scientists, program managers, communicators, economists, technologists, and strategists. We are collaborative, curious, and committed to excellence-these are qualities we value that make us who we are and inspire us to grow. If you perform well in a fast-paced, engaging and collaborative environment, and would like to work with a diverse team of industry professionals, we encourage you to learn more about ICF (www.icf.com) and consider applying to join our team.
ICF is seeking a Senior Environmental Planner to join our Southern California based planning team. Our energy, ports, transportation and infrastructure business is growing at a rapid pace and we are seeking a senior leader to assist with this growth. The position is based in any of our offices in San Diego, Los Angeles, Irvine with an option for remote work. We lead the environmental compliance efforts for complex and often controversial projects nationwide for private and public sector clients. Our staff work on the most current and important projects to address climate change including offshore and onshore wind energy development; solar, wind and battery energy storage projects; and management of the natural and human environment. In this position you will be a senior leader within the Southern California region, tasked with the following:
What You Must Have
- Management of federal, state, and local permitting and compliance for renewable energy, transmission, ports, urban development, water, rail and other projects in compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act [CEQA] and National Environmental Policy Act [NEPA] and other regulations.
- Serve as a primary point of contact with local, state, and federal government clients, as well as private sector clients such as renewable energy developers, and commercial/residential/industrial developers, and engineering companies.
- Coordinating the effort of multidisciplinary teams tasked with conducting research, preparing technical documents/deliverables, and interfacing with external clients.
Additional Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree environmental science or related subjects.
- 10+ years of related experience.
- Experience working with compliance documents related to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)
- Strong work ethic with a positive attitude and thrives in a team-oriented setting.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of environmental planning and related fields.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong project coordination skills, including ability to take and give direction, stay organized, and manage time effectively.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Experience preparing CEQA and NEPA documents for federal, state and local government agencies; and/or experience preparing and managing high quality CEQA documents for private sector clients.
- Experience obtaining environmental permits, reviewing technical studies such as those addressing biological resources, cultural resources, air quality, noise, traffic, and hydrology.
- Several years of task management experience working within a private consulting firm; experience as a project coordinator or deputy project manager is a plus.
- Business development experience and willingness to engage in business development.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success. ICF is a purpose driven company with a strong culture and underlying values that prize diversity, opportunity, equality, and respect. Our core values include Embracing Differences, and we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces and hires dimensions of differences.
#caplannersWorking at ICF
ICF is a global advisory and technology services provider, but we're not your typical consultants. We combine unmatched expertise with cutting-edge technology to help clients solve their most complex challenges, navigate change, and shape the future. We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. Learn more about what we dohttps://www.icf.com/ and our commitment to inclusionhttps://www.icf.com/company/about/diversity-inclusion.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.Pay Range
- There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$125,443.00 - $213,252.00Los Angeles, CA (CA80)Summary
- Location: Los Angeles, CA; Irvine, CA
- Type: Full time