Own where you work. Braun Intertec is proud to be a 100% employee-owned environmental consulting, geotechnical engineering, and testing firm of 1,000 employees with offices located in ten states.
As a part of our exciting growth initiatives, we are continuing to build relationships in emerging markets and recruiting new talent. Our dedication to being the Employer of Choice is instrumental in achieving our goal of becoming the Consultant of Choice. By hiring the best people and helping each other grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for our employee owners and our clients.
We want our employee-owners to be fully engaged - at home, at work, and in their communities. We provide our employees with a full range of benefits including comprehensive medical, vision, and dental plans, paid time off (as well as volunteer time off), company match 401k, participation in our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), technical training and career development resources, and access to our wellness program. The ESOP is a benefit we are proud of and celebrate as it allows all employees to be owners within the company.
We offer the flexibility to work from home or in an office environment.
This is a great opportunity to join our growing Environmental Investigation and Remediation Group. Do you want an opportunity to truly have a say in growing and building a dynamic group? Do you want to work with an engaged team that is focused on creative solutions to complex environmental problems for a wide variety of clients?Job Description
A Group Manager/Senior Scientist in our Investigation and Remediation practice group works with clients to complete their projects on time, on budget, while exceeding expectations. You will contribute to the firm's success by:
What We'd Love to See in You
- Collaborating closely with other members of the firm, listening to clients' needs, and developing solutions to meet those needs.
- Rallying the project team, keeping them on track, and driving projects to completion. When something comes up, you'll keep things moving.
- Tracking project performance, profitability, schedule, and make sure you have the right resources to complete the project.
- As a Group Manager you'll manage local staff as a group, which includes assigning work, tracking the group's financial performance/utilization, mentoring junior staff, and working with other Environmental Investigation and Remediation leadership to achieve the organization's goals.
- Building relationships with clients, vendors, and partners through excellent project work.
- Collaborating with business development and program management teams to pursue work with new and existing clients.
- Performing technical work and supporting project deliverables on more complex projects including:
- Due diligence projects including Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments;
- Designing, conducting and/or overseeing site investigations including soil, soil vapor, and groundwater contaminant investigations;
- Assist with and/or prepare response action plans to facilitate remediation and redevelopment;
- Oversee remedial projects to ensure compliance with plans and specifications and coordinate monitoring and testing services;
- Prepare scopes of work, cost estimates, and written proposals;
- Data evaluation and report preparation; and
- Travels to local and regional project sites (up to 20% travel, based on project needs)
- BS degree or higher in Environmental Science, Engineering, Geology, or related field.
- 10-17 years of direct environmental experience commensurate with the described duties of the position.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of environmental and regulatory programs and processes as they apply to industrial, energy, and commercial clients.
- Proven leadership skills with experience mentoring junior staff, and in general managing or supervising staff.
- Strong desire to help build and grow a client base through supporting diverse business development initiatives.
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills.
- Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.
Braun Intertec strives to ensure that its careers web site is accessible to all. If you need assistance completing your online application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Braun Intertec is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please e-mail us at email@example.com. In your e-mail, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.