United States of America
State / County
PCC Energy Group
Environmental, Health, and Safety
The Special Metals Corporation group of companies was created in the latter part of 1998 when Special Metals Corporation of New Hartford, New York, acquired Inco Alloys International, including its Huntington Alloys and Wiggin Alloys divisions. In 2006, Special Metals Corporation became a part of Precision Castparts Corp., a worldwide manufacturer of complex metal components and products. With a history of alloy technology now going back some 100 years, our company continues to provide solutions to difficult materials problems through such time-tested products as our world-recognized INCONEL, INCOLOY, NIMONIC, UDIMET, MONEL and NILO alloys.Today's Special Metals is a world leader in the invention, production and supply of the high-nickel, high-performance alloys used for the difficult jobs in engineering. These alloys are highly engineered to offer a superior combination of heat resistance, high-temperature corrosion resistance, toughness and strength and are used in the world's most technically demanding industries and applications. Special Metals offers the largest range of nickel alloys and product forms, as well cobalt alloys, to more than ten worldwide markets. We produce nickel alloys in all standard mill forms, from large ingots and billets to plate, sheet, strip, tubing, bar and wire, the latter of which includes core and filler wires for welding products. The company has manufacturing and research facilities in the USA and Europe, sales offices in North America, Europe and Asia, and a distribution network including most of the industrialized countries of the world.Special Metals Corporation is the world's premier inventor, developer and producer of nickel alloy and cobalt alloys-with a portfolio of more than 100 alloy compositions, wrought products and welding consumables, over 80 percent of which were invented in our own laboratories. All created to help redefine what's possible in the world of energy and industry.Our time-tested nickel alloys are highly engineered to offer a superior combination of heat resistance, high temperature and corrosion resistance, toughness and strength for the most demanding applications. No other single manufacturer offers such a comprehensive range of game-changing alloy compositions and product forms.With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability - not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
This position is responsible for the inspection and collection of data to evaluate potential hazards of the manufacturing work place to ensure safety policies are in place. Also responsible for auditing and monitoring manufacturing work areas to examine work conditions and observe safety procedures. The position reports to the EH&S Director.
* Conduct department and facility safety audits.
* Develop and conduct risk assessments and JSA for all relevant tasks.
* Help maintain OSHA Compliance at the facility.
* Assist in incident investigations and root cause analysis and corrective actions.
* Collect and manage injury data to effectively reduce our injury rate with a focus on near misses
* Environmental, Health and Safety policy enforcement.
* Provide administrative support to the Environmental, Health and Safety Director. Includes, but is not limited to typing/copying/distributing correspondence and various other materials, preparation of various reports, compiling and maintaining statistical information for leading and lagging metrics files, maintains individual safety files for facility.
* Coordinates/conducts various compliance monitoring including noise studies, ergonomic evaluations and industrial hygiene monitoring.
* Member of Emergency Response Team during emergency evacuation and other plant emergencies.
* Completes special projects for all facets of department services on as needed basis. Other duties as assigned.ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
* Accomplishes all tasks as appropriate.QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Degree in Safety, Health and/or Environmental required.
* Experience working with OSHA standards and safety procedures.
* 2+ years working with an OSHA based Safety Program, preferred.
* Experience performing/writing Job Hazard Analysis, preferred.
* Experience performing Industrial Hygiene and ergonomic assessments, preferred.
* Experience with local, state, and federal environmental reporting and regulating.SPECIAL SKILLS
* Knowledge of Excel, Word and Power Point with the willingness to learn new programs on an as needed basis.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Must have the ability to read, understand, and interpret regulatory requirements such as OSHA and EPA regulations and others.
* Ability to climb stairs or ladders, work at various heights.
* HAZWOPER, First Responder, First Aid certifications a plus.
* Knowledge of factory equipment, building systems and processes.COMPETENCIES
* Computer skills
* Technical Knowledge
* Quality Focus
* Problem Solving
* Resolving Conflict
* Quality Control
* InnovationADDITIONAL NOTES
* The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - FREQUENTLY MOVES ABOUT THE PRODUCTION FACILITIES. MUST BE ABLE TO DETECT UNSAFE CONDITIONS FROM LONG DISTANCES. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - THE PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT REQUIRES THE EMPLOYEE TO WORK BOTH INSIDE AND OUTSIDE IN HEAT/COLD, WET/HUMID AND DRY/ARID CONDITIONS. FREQUENTLY REQUIRED THE USE OF PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT TO PREVENT EXPOSURE TO HAZARDOUS MATERIALS. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.(This position is eligible for a referral bonus per the PCC Metals Group Referral Bonus Program)