Pool Title POOL - Biology Lab Technician - Federal Work Study Pool Number S44-18 Announcement Summary
This is a continuous recruitment pool not specifically advertised.
The pool is continuous in order to develop a qualified pool of interested candidates.
We invite applications to be submitted for potential openings.
To prepare instructional laboratory set-ups, materials, equipment and supplies for students and staff use. To maintain the general cleanliness of assigned laboratory or assigned classroom.
• Assist instructional staff with preparation for demonstrations.
• Set up laboratory facility and prepare necessary materials and equipment.
• Provide general information and assistance to students on equipment operation, use, and location of materials and safety procedures.
• Maintain orderliness and cleanliness of laboratory facilities.
• Return unused materials to storage.
• Participate in the general maintenance of the laboratory.
• Help maintain care of plants.
• Water, fertilize, and spray plant materials.
• Attend meetings related to assigned area of responsibility.
• Perform related duties assigned.
• Have a Free Application for Federal Student Aid ( FAFSA ) on file for current award year.
• Have a financial need.
• Not be in default on a federal loan.
• Have not reached Lifetime Pell Eligibility limit.
• Have an eligible Satisfactory Academic Progress ( SAP ) status.
• Be in a program eligible for financial aid.
• Have at least a cumulative 2.0 financial aid GPA .
• Be currently enrollment in at least six (6) credit hours or more in an approved program.
• Good reading, writing and communication skills.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Demonstrate correct laboratory methods, practices, techniques, and safety precautions.
• Correctly and efficiently set up laboratory equipment, materials, and supplies needed in exercises and experiments.
• Interpret and apply department policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Ability to work both independently and with others.
• Ability to work with individuals with diverse backgrounds.
• Demonstrate the ability to professionally, effectively and tactfully provide services to the administration, faculty, staff, and students.
Preferred Qualifications Full or Part Time Part Time Special Instructions to applicants
$11.50 hourly rate
NOTE : All applicants under consideration for employment at Fayetteville Technical Community College will be required to complete a consent form that allows FTCC to conduct a criminal background check on your behalf so that you may be considered further for the position for which you have applied.
The Fayetteville Technical Community College is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Employer.