For 75 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.IMPORTANT:
In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process.
Please make sure work history and education are added correctly. Job Summary
We are seeking a Quality Control Analyst I-Microbiology
to support our Cell Therapy Manufacturing Facility
located in Memphis, TN
The Quality Control Analyst I for the QC Microbiology Department will be responsible for performing processing of routine environmental monitoring samples, product-release testing, and raw material testing. The position requires the utmost attention to detail, good organizational skills, computer proficiency, and a basic understanding of microbiology and laboratory instrumentation. In addition, effective communication skills and the ability to function in a fast-paced, highly technical environment with minimal supervision are essential for success.
The following are responsibilities
related to the Quality Control Analyst I-Microbiology
- Primary responsibility entails processing samples from the cleanrooms, including non-viable particulate, viable air and surface sampling, and personnel monitoring.
- Performs growth promotion of raw materials.
- Performs Gram stain and classic microbiology techniques.
- Performs bioburden and endotoxin testing of raw materials, in-process samples and finished products and responsible for shipping samples to sub-contractors for additional testing.
- Prepares environmental excursion reports and conducts laboratory investigations.
- Receives raw materials and supplies for the QC laboratory. Maintains laboratory supplies, media and reagents inventory.
- Adheres to standard operating procedures and good documentation practices to ensure data integrity and traceability.
- Responsible for routine laboratory upkeep and organization.
- Will be expected to be responsible for performing sterility testing using the BacT Alert system.
- Will be expected to be responsible for performing mycoplasma testing.
- Will be expected to be responsible for processing preliminary and advanced IDs of microorganism recoveries.
The following are minimum qualifications
related to the Quality Control Analyst I-Microbiology
- Bachelor's degree in Biology or relevant scientific discipline required.
- 0-2 years of relevant laboratory experience or experience in a cGMP/FDA regulated industry preferred.
- Ability to work independently or as a team member.
- Demonstrated knowledge in Microbiology and aseptic techniques required.
- Detail-oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to problem-solve and troubleshoot as necessary.
- Familiarity with laser particle counters, viable air samplers, microscope, Endosafe® Instrumentation, PCR, BacT/ALERT systems.
The pay range for this position is $22.12 per hour. Please note that salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, education, certifications, and location.IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position.
If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV. About Biologics Testing Solutions
With more than 50 years of experience and proven regulatory expertise, the Charles River Biologics group can address challenging projects for biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Offering a variety of services such as contamination and impurity testing, protein characterization, bioassays, viral clearance studies and stability and lot release programs, we support clients throughout the biologic development cycle, from the establishment and characterization of cell banks through preclinical and clinical studies to marketed products. Whether clients need stand-alone services, a unique package of testing, or insourced support, our Biologics group can create a custom solution to suit their needs. Each year more than 20,000 biologic testing reports are sent each and over 200 licenses products are supported by our biologics testing solutions team.About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients' clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 20,000 employees within 110 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client's unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 86% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2021.Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
#CRLWayUp This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.