Environmental Assistant Project Manager opportunity in Visalia, CA (hybrid) - Environmental Engineering company - Education construction or water experience is preferred
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Riley Duffy
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $80,000 - $120,000 per yearA bit about us:
At our very core, we pride ourselves on the ability to offer programmatic professional services that allow us to serve many of the needs of our diverse clientele, in-house.
To ensure we're able collaborate and make this unique service possible, two key tenets define the way we operate:
One: Communication is a priority between management and employees, across offices and disciplines, and information is open, transparent, and shared with all.
Two: Everyone has a voice. All employees are encouraged to speak their minds, to ideate and innovate, and to be bold and creative.
Our Employee Value Proposition, designed by our employees themselves states: "is an experienced team of bold professionals who are passionate about sharing their expertise with our clients and communities. We are committed to providing a dynamic, collaborative environment that fosters individual professional success as teams are empowered to innovate and deliver on our clients' most important projects."
In short, new employees are often surprised at the "everyone here has a say" mentality, which offers individuals and teams real opportunities to grow and thrive and drives open communication through the project delivery process.Why join us?
We are tenaciously driven to create a positive client experience through delivery of the highest quality projects. Since we believe that quality happens when you care enough to do your very best, we know that it is our corporate responsibility to foster that care.
That's why we focus on employee satisfaction first, and offer uncommon programs like:
- strengths-based career ladders
- annual employee development planning
- shareholder options for long-term employees
- paid wellness days
- alternative work week schedules (half-day Fridays)
- remote work options
- in-and-out of office social gatherings and volunteer opportunities
- and simple acts of gratitude and recognition.
Working in cooperation with others throughout the company, the Project Manager is accountable for successfully coordinating integrated components of projects. The Project Manager works closely with the team leaders, technical experts, accounting department, marketing staff, to assure that all aspects of the project are completed on schedule and within budget. Success is measured by achieving results, based on defined standards, in the following areas:
- Client satisfaction: the quality of clients' experience from pre-proposal through project completion
- On-time product delivery, including meeting or exceeding agreed-upon project schedules
- project staff satisfaction; the quality and timeliness of information, communication and feedback related to the client and project
- The quality of all work products
WHAT YOU'LL DO
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with senior staff to develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
- Plan and monitor resources in Deltek for various projects within multiple disciplines and for multiple project managers, ensure resource availability and allocation throughout the life of the project
- Assist project manager in formulating project proposals by researching past projects, evaluating proposal request details, and coordinating intel from various internal resources as needed to formulate a comprehensive and competitive proposal
- Coordinate project scope, schedule and budget, including monitoring progress versus achievement of clients' expectations, escalate to management as needed
- Maintain continuous communication on project status with clients and all internal and external stakeholders
- Attend meetings with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document client and stakeholder needs, project progress, timelines and quality milestones
- Collect data to provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues
- Documents quality control milestones and informs key stakeholders when proper documentation is not submitted
- Participate in quality issue resolution, document for learning measures
- Assist in collecting documents needed in disputes, negotiations, arbitration or litigation, as needed
- Monitor, track and assist in controlling outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables
- Work with project managers to determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project and program team. Analyze results of status reports, assist in troubleshooting problem areas. Deliver appropriate and effective management and executive level communication, especially as issues arise
- Anticipate client, business, and community issues and communicate suggestions to influence managerial and team attention to them
- Monitor project performance and advise project manager of ways to correct performance gaps.
- Build organizational relationships; understand the roles and interrelationships of all partners; foster teamwork within and across departments; and cultivate a strong, diverse network or relationships inside and outside the firm
- Visit construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents, reporting all findings to the project manager and other stakeholders in a timely fashion
- Attend client meetings, take notes, make presentations
- Billable production: varies, typically 80-90%
WHO WE NEED
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Proficient with Deltek and Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work well with others (as a team member) and alone
- Ability to handle pressures related to internal and external project and proposal delivery schedule
- Proven ability to gather and interpret information, and develop and present (orally and in writing) sound business conclusions
- Team based approach to decision making and problem solving
- Visual acuity and ability to communicate well, in writing and verbally, with other staff, clients, and agencies to accomplish team goals.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods and walk on uneven surfaces to conduct site visits
- A current driver's license and good driving record may be required if employee will be making field visits and/or meeting with clients outside the company's office
PREFERRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Desire to be helpful to internal and external clients
- Ability to create strong relationships in a mentoring capacity
- Proven ability to successfully work against a deadline and within constrained budgets
- Strong critical thinking skills that allow for quick problem solving and innovative solutions
- Proven ability to motivate others
- Demonstrated ability to provide constructive feedback and/or make management aware of concerns in a positive and productive manner
- Proven ability to communicate complex technical ideas and concepts to non-technical people effectively
- Associate's degree or equivalent work experience in project management, engineering, land surveying, planning, etc.
The Project Manager provides both support and leadership to project manager and project teams. This person will have to develop relationships with staff in various disciplines in order to achieve the end goal of delivering a quality product. The Manager reports to an assigned Group Leader or Branch Manager. PMs are expected work with all disciplines throughout the entire company and develop strong working relationships with Group and/or Technical Leaders throughout the company in order to meet our "One Company" vision. Those holding this position are also expected to provide mentorship to junior staff and insight to the Senior Management Team and Branch Managers.
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience in a dual role of support and leadership
- Previous experience in engineering, construction management, planning, or land surveying preferred
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button.