Environmental Health & Safety ManagerOrganization Summary
Lindsay Corporation is a global company, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, focused on providing irrigation and infrastructure solutions to meet the needs of a growing population. As one of the worlds leading providers of irrigation and water management, its Zimmatic systems are operating in more than 90 countries. Lindsay Corporations infrastructure division offers a wide range of products that aid in roadway maintenance and transportation safety. Since 1955, Lindsay Corporation has been at the forefront of research and development of products and services designed to meet the needs of a constantly evolving world.Position Description
Lindsay Corporation is hiring a new EHS Supervisor for on-site oversight at our Lindsay, Nebraska plant. This role will have matrix reporting to the Plant manager and the Global Director EHS. This role will provide the day-to-day EHS leadership to the plant and oversight of the two EHS technicians and occupational health nurse on site. (Please note, this is not a remote position)EHS Supervisor Description
This role is accountable to foster a team culture in which safety, compliance, procedural adherence, operational excellence, and results orientation are the foundation. Specifically, this position provides environmental, health, and safety leadership to the site in all safety areas including personal safety, safety system development, compliance, and safety training, as well as assisting in implementation of compliance strategies for these programs. This role will oversee and ensure the successful implementation of Health and Safety (H&S) data management, processes, Lindsay Safety System development and implementation at the plant level. This position will influence operational decisions about capital expansion, and modification to existing operations to support continued compliance with Corporate and regulatory agency requirements. Recruiters Note:
Matt Rhodes, the hiring manager for this role, could be easily classified asanauthentic leader. Matt is a healthy mix of extensive industry knowledge, relevant education and a can do attitude, not to mention, hes an overall good guy and is kinda funny too (at least this recruiter thinks so).
Matt is looking for someone who can hit the ground running, a self starter who can appreciate the opportunity to make an instant impact within a small (approximately 1300 employees overall) yet expanding global company. Furthermore, Matt feels his role is to provide space for his team to do what they feel is best, while he removes barriers that may get in their way. For more about Matt, check out his LinkedIn profile:https://www.linkedin.com/in/matthew-rhodes-chmm-593a8a90/. For more about the organization and the role, please apply accordingly.Routine Duties
- Support and implementation of the Lindsay Safety System (e.g. LOTO, IH, Machine Guarding, JSA, etc.)
- Delivering, developing, tracking and monitoring EHS Training
- Injury investigation, tracking and reporting
- Conducting Site risk assessments (all levels-site, department, work cell)
- Lead employee safety committee
- Safety analytic tracking and trending
- Safety & Environmental program oversight (OSHA Compliance, CAA, NPDES, RCRA, SWPPP, WW, Etc.)
- Candidate must have Bachelors and/or Master of Science degree in a related field
- +7 years of experience in a technical EHS role.
- +3 years of experience in people management and/or organizational leadership.
- Experience in building and developing a strong safety culture
- High level of personal integrity.
- Technology development business acumen.
- Professional Certifications (i.e. CHMM, CSP, CIH, etc.).
- EHS experience in a metal fabrication and/or heavy manufacturing environment.
- Fluency in Spanish
- Strong organizational skills
- Familiarity and experience with EHS Data Management Systems
- Must have clear communication and writing skills in English
- Ability to speak in front of individuals and groups with diverse backgrounds
- Ability to lead and support EHS initiatives
- Demonstrated proficiency in safety program implementation & operation
- Ability to use computer software such as Microsoft word, excel, etc.