Janssen Research & Development LLC, a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting a Postdoctoral Fellow to work on drug target identification/evaluation in Neuroscience and Oncology therapeutic areas in the Population Analytics & Insights group, Data Sciences organization. The primary location for this position is Spring House, PA, USA. Qualified candidates can be considered for a remote position.
The Data Science Analytics & Insights team within Janssen R&D develops innovative solutions using a variety of data sources across multiple different disease areas. We are looking for a highly motivated and dedicated postdoctoral researcher who will work on analyzing large-scale genomics data to strengthen our research capacity in disentangling the molecular drivers of Parkinson's disease and cancers aimed at pushing the boundaries of data-driven drug discovery using the ground breaking computational and algorithmic tools.
At Janssen, we strive to bring in the brightest minds in pursuit of developing effective and safe therapeutics for patients around the globe! Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies. Key responsibilities:
The postdoctoral fellow will be primarily responsible for analyzing Omics data in two main contexts:
(a) Parkinson's disease; Identify genetically-driven proteome dysregulations that give rise to neurodegeneration process for novel target discoveryPrecision stratification of patients and characterize genomic manifestations of disease sub-types using a wide variety of large-scale biological data and computational methods;
(b) target toxicity/liability assessment of oncology-related target genes using omics data and network-based models.
The postdoctoral researcher will work closely with a team of scientists in disease genetics, computational genomics, AI and machine learning, neuroscience and oncology therapeutic areas to design and implement computational pipelines, analyze and interpret the results, and communicate the findings through internal presentations, conferences and scientific publications. The postdoc researcher will also have opportunities to collaborate with other researchers and institutions on related projects:
- Conceive, develop, and implement analytical solutions to high-priority scientific projects.
- Continuous engagement and participation with scientists across Janssen to develop scientific collaborations and building a carrier network.
- Analyze the large-scale genetics, proteomics, and other omics data modalities using the advances statistical and computational methods.
- Publish findings in credible journals and conferences
The successful candidate will have a strong background in bioinformatics, computational biology, or related fields, with experience of working with large-scale genetics data e.g. SNP array, WES/WGS and multi-omics data e.g., proteomics, transcriptomics etc.:
- A Ph.D. in a quantitative field - bioinformatics, computational biology, systems biology, statistical genetics, or a related field
- A strong publication record in the relevant areas is required.
- Proficient in programming languages such as R/Python, bash, SQL, etc.
- Experience with multi-omics data integration, especially network analysis.
- Experience/knowledge of Parkinson's disease or cancers is a plus.
- Experience with bulk/single-cell transcriptomics, epigenomics, and proteomics is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and ability to optimally communicate technical findings with stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Remote work options may be considered on a case-by-case basis and if approved by the Company.
At Johnson & Johnson, we're on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world's healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.