Experienced Environmental Scientist (Omaha, NE)
E & A Consulting Group, Inc. ("E&A") is an engineering, planning, and environmental and field services firm with offices in Omaha and Lincoln, NE. We are a family-oriented company with strong values and talented staff. Our environment allows people to grow and encourages diversity and innovation. E&A offers a complete benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance, Paid Time Off, and 401(k). Engineering Answers is who we are - and what we do. Description
We are seeking a Full Time Environmental Scientist in our Omaha office. Our environmental team provides services that include Phase I ESAs, Wetland Services, Erosion & Sediment Control, Industrial Stormwater Permitting, and Post Construction Stormwater Management.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to communicate effectively with clients and team members. This individual will have a high level of detail and desire to be in the field. Additionally, this candidate will:
- Conduct inspections of erosion and sediment control BMP's on various types of construction projects.
- Conduct Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessments (ESA's)
- Perform Wetland Delineations, Permitting, Mitigation Design, and/ or Monitoring
- Perform site inspections of various industrial sites for stormwater permitting / compliance and prepare reports based on the findings
- Create Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs) and secure NPDES Permits for industrial sites
- Performs Post-Construction Storm Water annual inspections
- Conduct NEPA (National Environmental Policy Act) Assessments
- Conduct Avian Nest Surveys and threatened & endangered species habitat assessments
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental, Construction, Biology, Engineering, Natural Resources, Geology, or related
- Five years' experience in the Environmental, Construction, or related industry experience
- Specializes in three or more environmental services listed above
- Experience in Microsoft Office required, with an emphasis in Excel & Word
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record & reliable vehicle
- Ten years' experience in the Environmental, Construction, or related industry experience
- Knowledgeable and can perform all services listed in the description and/or other unlisted environmental certifications
- Design experience with AutoCAD and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Experience with business development for environmental services
E&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, genetics, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.